Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbs from Fruit page

driftwood is offline Senior Member

Carbs from Fruit

Shop Now
    ok so 90carbs a day right, that's what I am shooting for.
    A banana is 30 freaking carbs.. And so is a pear.. Dayum...

johnbu1981 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah it's tough, I've come to the conclusion fruit has been hampering fat loss for me over the past few months; it sure is good for you though!

I think berries and apples are the best fruits if you're looking to lose weight. Bananas, pears, pineapple, etc are all really sugary and produce a big insulin spike.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I stick to berries when I want a fruit fix, but they're my favorite anyway. I like the frozen berry medley from Trader Joe's.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    You can include fruit in a fat loss programme just limit to about 2 serves per day if it seems to stall your progress. If trying to get to very low body fat sometimes eliminating fruit may be beneficial.

driftwood is offline Senior Member
    thanks folks, heck ya, if I got only 90 carbs I sure as heck aint spending it on a bananna and pear.. beer yes.

trob1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
    thanks folks, heck ya, if I got only 90 carbs I sure as heck aint spending it on a bananna and pear.. beer yes.
    Well the point would be that a banana or a pear sure has alot more nutrition than a beer not counting beer has gluten. So for me it would be the fruit.

Claraflo is offline Member
    Personally fruuit consumption doesnt work for me. Its not a weight thing, it just makes me really crazy hungry. I like the taste of fruit but not the effect on my body. I still do eat it but as an occassional rather than everday food. I actually use over-ripe bananas as the sole sweetner in any dessert I care to make myself. Its sweet enough! Fantastic in custard based desserts.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Fruit is a poor source of carbs. Fructose goes straight to your liver and that diminishes fat burning. And your muscles will be starved of glycogen if you don't eat enough glucose/starch. I recommend getting most of your carbs from starchy veggies and eating only berries for fruit.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Fruit is fine. If you want my advice, don't count carbs. Just eat real food. Thinking in terms of low carb is a kind of insanity. Fruit is packed with nutrients and practically begs humans to eat it. To limit fruit intake based on some arbitrary number is foolish. You have to follow how you feel when you eat certain food, not some carbohydrate graph. It doesn't make sense to demonize a whole macronutrient. The single most important thing is to eliminate processed food.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Fruit is fine. If you want my advice, don't count carbs. Just eat real food. Thinking in terms of low carb is a kind of insanity. Fruit is packed with nutrients and practically begs humans to eat it. To limit fruit intake based on some arbitrary number is foolish. You have to follow how you feel when you eat certain food, not some carbohydrate graph. It doesn't make sense to demonize a whole macronutrient. The single most important thing is to eliminate processed food.
    Word.

And what about all the people on the thirty bananas a day site? They eat a f*ckton of fruit a day
    and are all pretty slender or actually skinny.

And don't go frontin' like they're skinny-fat either, cuz they're not. Sure they're not roided up
    powerlifters, but seriously, they're eating 3K cals a day to MOSTof them eating WAY over that,
    of JUST FRUIT and they're normal.

I had a fruit binge for a week once and added it all up on cronometer and not only did I meet
    my "nutritional target" for vitamins and minerals, but I ate a shitload of calories too.

Didn't gain an ounce and I actually felt fantastic. I mean, like "i just snorted a line" fantastic
    and it was NOT a sugar rush feeling either.

Do I think it's a totally optimal way to eat? No. But did I die? No. Did I have blood sugar swings? Surprisingly no.

Did it make me want to binge on crap? Mysteriously, not at all, and trust me, Mother likes her junk.

Prolly woulda kept it up if it didn't cost me an arm and a leg and my husband didn't think I was secretly
    smoking crack from the money I was ponying up and the "high" I was always on.... but damn, it was spendy
    per day.

So anyway, yeah, bottom line, if you can handle fruit, eat it.

If anyone thinks for one minute that "fruit was put here by God only for the Animals' Consumption".... er, I beg to differ.

But that's just me and my opinion, so, carry on.

Julie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast