Thread: Primal Journal-KJAKE55 page 2

kjake55 Guest

Day 8.

B5:30am):2 scram eggs, 4 oz turkey breast, berry/almond mix

S10:00am):Banana, 1 oz walnuts

L12:00):Egg drop soup, steamed chicken & veggies

S3:30):Apple

D6:30):4 oz turkey breast, roasted veggies, HB egg, 12 small strawberries

S9:00):2 peppermint patties...the last 2 that were in the house. Won't be replacing them next time I'm shopping.

Water, coffee, tea. M/V & Krill. Not much exercise, walked at work.

kjake55 Guest

Day 9

(B)5:30am)Banana, 2 scram eggs, chiicken breast, strawberry/almond mix

(S)11:30):1 oz walnuts, HB egg

(L)12:00):4 cups salad w. 1/2 cup chicken & RWV, yogurt

(S)3:00):Apple

Pre W/O5:00):Prograde w. 8 oz water

(D)8:00):Whey Smoothie: 8 oz almond milk, 3/4 cup frozen berries, 1 scoop whey protein. 1/4 cup walnuts, 1 cup cooked cauliflower

Coffee,tea,water. M/V and Krill. Corssfit WOD.

Day 10.

B5:30):Banana, HB egg, chicken breast, 6 lg. strawberries

(S)10:00):1oz walnuts, necterine

(L)12:00):Egg drop soup, steamed chicken & veggies

(S)2:30):Apple

(D)6:00):Applebees:6 boneless hot wings, spinach salad w/grilled shrimp (no dressing), 1 1/2 lg glasses rasberry lemonade.

Coffee, tea, water. M/V and Krill. No exercise and I feel it today...tight, sluggish and stiff. Need to move around some more.

Started fitday analysis on my food journal the other day. Averaging 40% of my calories from carbs :-( I need to make SERIOUS changes. Today is 7/3/09 and my own personal independence day! I am commited to cutting the sugar from my diet!

kjake55 Guest

Exciting addendum to Day 10. (Exciting for me at least). Last night was the 1st night that I can remember (honestly, the very 1st night I remember) where I din't have anything to eat after dinner. No dessert, no snack, no munchies, nothing! Wow! P.S. I'm down 2.1 lbs since 6/15 when I started trying this. Hooray! :-)

kjake55 Guest

No post for 7/3/09--changed note books and forgot to bring it with me to log on line...

Posting July 4th weekend. Not too bad for a 1st timer w/a 3-day holiday even though I forgot Friday's notes. Not perfect I admit but not bad either.

7/4/09 (Day 11):

(B)7:30--yeah for sleeping in!)2 scram eggs, berry/almond mix, banana

(S)10:30):sauteed cabbage w/apples, 1 oz macadania nuts

(L)?:??):grilled chicken over cobb salad (at a diner so no dressing)

(D)?:??):breadless burger w/roasted peppers and grilled veggies

(S)9:30):yogurt, dried apricots

1 cocktail durig the day...walked a ton w/hubby around Morristown and then the park with the dog

Day 12.

(B)Banana, 2 scram eggs, berry/almond mix

(L):turkey and cheese sandwhich (removed the bread and just ate the meat and cheese), watermelon

(S):1 black apricot, macadamia nuts

(D):HB egg, sweet potato w/butter, cabbage w/apples and 3 oz. chicken breast

(S):Peach, 1 tbsp almond butter

2 beers

kjake55 Guest

7/6/09 (Day 13)

B5:30am):2 scram eggs, chicken breast, berry/nut mix

S10:15am):Banana

L12:00pm):4 cups salad w 1/2 cup chicken, HB egg

S2:00pm):dried apricots & macadamia nuts

Pre W/O:Apple & Prograde w/8oz water

Post W/O:Prograde w/8oz water

D7:30pm):Greek yogurt w/cherries (YUCKOLA!)...after that berries&nuts & salad w/plain tuna (no mayo)

Coffee (w/heavy cream), water. M/V & Krill. Walked & CF WOD. Weight is back up from day 10. I really must have over did it. Oh well, I've never been able to maintain anything under 140. That's just gonna be me I guess. ;-( Be healthy and forget the rest!

kjake55 Guest

Vacationing as primally as possible. Not logging anything right now (or posting much for that matter) but paying close attention to what I eat and drink and so far so good!

7/6 was a bad day. It's better now. I need to learn not to make the scale numbers so important. Old habits die really hard sometimes. I'm losing again so maybe that's why I can say that but none the less it's something I need to work on.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Love that motto- be healthy and forget the rest! Have fun on vacay.

kjake55 Guest

Back from vacation and not too much worse for the ware. Stayed as primal as possible except for 1 day when it was just carb city. Funny though, when I went to bed that night I had heartburn to beat the band and an upset stomach most of the next day. I managed to maintain my weight through-out and got myself back on track w/shopping trips to Trader Joes, Whole Foods and the Co-op I belong to. I'm loaded up on fresh/organic fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, butters, eggs, etc. I also started a new vitamin plan w/MV, Krill, CoQ10 & Magnesium. I'm thinking I need to give it 60-days before I start to feel any results if I'm actually going to feel any at all. Anyway...

Sun. 7/19 (Day 27):

B: Banana, pork chop (left over from last night), almonds

L: 1/2 avacado stuffed w/chicken/shrimp salad over field greens (very yummy)

S: assorted melon, veggies and seeds (while making up my salad for the week)

D: Rib eye steak, 2 stuffed grape leaves (indulgent but it was the last night of the vacation)

S:Carrot-Walnut bread (from the worker bee recipe) spread w/light layer of cream cheese and diced up dried appricots

Mon. 7/20 (Day 28) back to work and reality :-(

B: HB egg, berries, chiken breast

S: Peach, 1/4 cup apricot kernels

L: Large salad w/balsamic vinegar, HB egg

S: Apple

Pre W/O: celery w/almond butter, Prograde w/ 8oz water

Post W/O: Porgrade w/8oz water

D: Salad w/sundried tomato dressing, 1 can sardines

AM warm-up, walked, Crossfit WOD

Tue. 7/21 (day 29)

B: 2 scram eggs, berries, slice of carrot-walnut bread

S: banana, 1/4 cup macadamia nuts

L: Egg drop soup, steamed chicken w/veggies

S: HB Egg, 1 cup grapes

Pre W/O: Apple w/almond butter, Prograde w/8oz water

Post W/O: Prograde w/8oz water

D: Chicken breast, some fruit (melon & cherries), slice of carrot-walnut bread

Crossfit WOD-went up 5lbs in wt in my 1-arm presses...yeah! progress. Seems to be the toughest of all for me is to get the weight above my head w 1-hand

kjake55 Guest

Wed. 7/22 (day 30)

B: 2 scam eggs, chicken breast, berry/almond mix

S: Banana

L: Lg. salad w/grilled chicken

S: Macadamia nuts

D: Chicken breast w/salad (gee, sounds alot like lunch!) and a sliver (a sliver) of chocolate cake...so close yet so far from being clean!

30 days in. My goal for the next 30 days is to stay on track, keep learning and to eat cleaner (no sugar--way less carbs--maybe a little more fat), possibly try the IF thing but I actually get shaky thinking about that one. I also need to start tracking protein/carbs & fat but fitday can be a real chore. I have to look into the others like dailyplate and see if they are anymore user friendly.

kjake55 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thur. 7/23 (day 31)

B: 2 scram eggs, chicken breast, berries/almonds

S: Carrot-walnut bread, HB egg

L: Egg drop soup, steamed chicken & veggies

S: Macadamia nuts

Pre W/O: Prograde w/8 oz. water

Post W/O: Prograde w/8 oz. water

D: Turkey Ch burger (no bread & organic pepper jack cheese) w/salsa & 2 garlic pickle slices, salad w/lime vinegareete

S: 7 oz. unsweetened chocolate almond milk & handful of cherries

walked & Crossfit WOD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast