Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss into primal diet page

Flower is offline Member

Weight loss into primal diet

I was over weight during my school days, all my classmates used tease me very badly so I decided to lose my weight and checked the inter net for better diet. At that time, I came across a primal diet which was really attractive with all grains and fruits. From that I sketched my own diet chart,

For Breakfast
    Omelet with veggies

For Lunch
    4 cups mixed salad greens
    1 cup raw broccoli
    I use olive oil or balsamic vinegar for cooking

Snack
    A bowl of almonds

For Dinner
    Meat or chicken or fish steak with 2 cups of Brussels sprouts

Before bed
    One glass of wine

This is very effective diet for weight loss and I got this from internet. I followed this diet for few months and when I reached my ideal weight, I stop following that diet and now again I gained some weight. Now I am not able to follow that same diet because of my taste buds. So I have aforethought to go for some alternative methods of weight loss that is using supplements. One of my friends told me about Absonutrix Raspberry Ketones which is also an effective supplement in burning fat. So, my question is can I use this supplement for weight loss? Does primal diet allow supplements?

Silky is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure your supplements would go well with a plate of spam

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    The only healthy way to lose weight is with diet and/or exercise. Using supplements to lose weight either won't work, will be unhealthy, or both.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Why would you go for supplements and not just adjust the menu? Supplements are, at best, a short term fix and not going to be an answer for life long healthy weight loss. A great way to do some yo-yo dieting though!

I finally had to do a combination of calorie control/tracking/ and primal to get to where I was consistently losing weight..S.P.E.E.D. – A Complete How-To Manual for Quick & Permanent Fat Loss | S.P.E.E.D. - Evidence Based Weight Loss

You need to also know that in order to maintain weight loss, you will probably have to stay pretty close to what you did to lose the weight and so you may want to choose the method wisely. Good Luck.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Monotony (eating the same foods over and over) is actually a great tool for for weight loss.... until you absolutely hate what you're eating. lol

Raspberry ketones aren't very effective. EGCG (green tea extract) is better for fat loss.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laconophile View Post
    Monotony (eating the same foods over and over) is actually a great tool for for weight loss.... until you absolutely hate what you're eating. lol

Raspberry ketones aren't very effective. EGCG (green tea extract) is better for fat loss.
    Good for short term weight loss not long term success.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Good for short term weight loss not long term success.
    Yes, supplements are just that: supplements to a healthy diet. Or at least that's how they should be used.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laconophile View Post
    Yes, supplements are just that: supplements to a healthy diet. Or at least that's how they should be used.
    Sorry should have been more clear. I was talking about eating the same things over and over again... not supplements. I'm still on the fence if supplements ever actually work at all for weight loss.

Trent is offline Junior Member
    Hi dear,

For weight loss here are some tips, which needy persons must follow for getting the ideal body.

Do exercise regularly
    Running, swimming and jogging
    Drink plenty of water
    Control your diet
    Take more boiled vegetables
    Don't take more cholesterol and fatty foods
    Eat fresh fruits especially citric fruits
    Drink fresh fruits juice
    Take green tea
    and use fish oil
    Last edited by Trent; 12-31-2011 at 05:27 AM.

mando is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Read Mark's books and blogs! There are hundreds of recipes on there. Have a varied high fat, high protein, low carb diet.

DO NOT CONTROL YOUR DIET, just figure out what to eat and what not to. Look at this list for good explanations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast