Thread: Salad for breakfast - first page

Finnabair is offline Senior Member

Salad for breakfast - first

Primal Fuel
    I woke up this morning wanting a salad for breakfast. First time THAT ever happened!

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Sounds yummy! I'm doing high protein breakfasts at the moment and have a pile of greens with them. but even before primal I often had greens and tomato with my breakfast. People thought I was strange having rocket and watercress for breakfast. The bitterness of the greens really complements the protein.

Many other cultures have savoury for breakfast. I blame kelloggs for the idea that breakfast should be sweet!

loligoss is offline Senior Member
    Prior to cereal being the only fast food and hence becoming a staple for breakfast. People in my part of the world (Israel) ate a salad or cut veg with cottage cheese and hard cheeses, eggs and bread...

The hotels still provide loads of salads for breakfast but most homes just have cereal and hot/cold chocolate. I have cereal and porridge for the kids 3 times a week and eggs and veg for the other days.

I have gone back to eating cut up veg or salad for breakfast several times a week.

anat is offline Junior Member
    only when I moved to the US (at the age of 40) I discovered that people are NOT eating salad as their breakfast. I couldn't understand why would anybody choose to start the day with cookies and cakes (o.k., pancakes and cereals). and yes, I am from Israel too.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I don't often eat salad for breakfast but I have on occasion and I love it! My mother always comments on how I've always liked salads.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

jtgeo is offline Junior Member
    Glad I am not the only one craving a salad for breakfast. Started primal March 1st and for the last three weeks, I have had one for breakfast once or twice a week. I really like it with a little bit of fruit. Have not told the nonprimal members of the family...yet. They already think this is a wierd turn of events. The salad included cut up strawberries, left over beer can chicken (Yum!), with EVOO and basalmic vinegar. Wanted to drink the leftover salad dressing.

Jeff

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Well non primal people don't seem to be averse to cold pizza for breakfast so why not a salad?
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    Yep. Salad for breakfast is great.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Yum yum!

Salad topped with bacon and avocado is the best way to start the day.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes