Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Vaccine page 8

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Vaccinations have made me ill in the past because the adjuvants such as mercury overstimulated my strong immune system.

The only time I took a flu shot was when I worked in close proximity to vunerable people. Shortly after, I and many co-workers contracted an unidentifiable virus that infected our hands and feet causing aching and weakness. Some were unable to walk for a few days. It was probably some monkey virus - these are commonly used in the manufacture of vaccinations.

Therefore I won't be taking any more vaccinations unless I feel my life or health is under serious threat if I don't.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    I'm getting a different vaccine tomorrow
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I'm getting a different vaccine tomorrow
    Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll have good side effects, like marshmallow scented farts or epic mind control. Maybe even be able to melt someone's skeleton just by glaring at them.
    *fingers crossed* haha!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll have good side effects, like marshmallow scented farts or epic mind control. Maybe even be able to melt someone's skeleton just by glaring at them.
    *fingers crossed* haha!
    it's for meningitis, required for my surgery
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Aw, that's no fun.
    Well wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Scientific ignorance rears its head again. If you are infected with a flu virus, you can be either symptomatic or asymptomatic. In either case you can pass the virus along. But you can not pass it along if you are not infected. You have a lower chance of getting infected if you get a vaccine. Getting a vaccine is therefore not just for you but for everyone you come into contact with.
    Awww...it must be so painful to be such an asshat all the time. My aunt is a microbiologist. You are wrong. Have a nice day.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
    Awww...it must be so painful to be such an asshat all the time. My aunt is a microbiologist. You are wrong. Have a nice day.
    All I was trying to do was to straighten out some basic terminology. People were using the term "sick" meaning infected and "sick" meaning symptomatic, sometimes one way sometimes the other. They are not the same thing. If trying to at least get the terminology of the discussion right makes me an asshat in your mind, OK. I'm sure your aunt is avery nice woman. I worked in a university for decades and have a dozen microbiologist friends. So what? Look it up in a biology 101 textbook. What I said above is not wrong. Have a nice day.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Kenn, I'm sending healing thoughts your way. I hope the new year finds you happy and well.

Paleobird Guest
    OK, one last post and then I am done with this farce.

1) As I have said repeatedly, if you genuinely believe that the vaccine will do you or your kids physical harm, i disagree with you but will not try to talk you out of your beliefs.

2) If you think you just don't need a vax because of your super Primal immune system, cool, roll the dice for yourself as long as you can quarantine yourself if you should happen to turn out to not be quite bulletproof.

3) If you come into contact with other humans, I believe that it is the socially responsible thing to do to get vaccinated. IMO.

4)If you believe in magic electrical boxes which "zap" everything from cancer to toenail fungus, there is no point in even having a discussion with you.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast