Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Vaccine page 5

stephlowen is offline Member
    Wow. I think that some people need to try this new type of thing on these forums. It is called agreeing to disagree with being childish and calling names. I don't consider not getting the flu vaccine selfish in any way. I call it taking care of me and my daughter. I do what I feel is right for me and my child. I don't feel like that is selfish at all.

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    We don't vaccinate for anything. It's not a risk I'm willing to take with our health.
    ~Sandy

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Should I walk around with a breathing mask at all times too?
    Yes please. That way we wouldn't have to see your face and it would make talking more difficult for you too. Double bonus.

Sorry, kenn. You set yourself up for that one.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes please. That way we wouldn't have to see your face and it would make talking more difficult for you too. Double bonus.

Sorry, kenn. You set yourself up for that one.
    Can't stay on topic so you go to the ad hominem, stay classy.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I wasn't asking for legislation. I was asking for people to care about their neighbors. Why does that have to turn political?
    When people with your values(not saying you specifically nor is it specific to just this one topic) don't get their way they turn to the government to get their way by force. That's why I brought up legislation.

Not getting vaccinated doesn't mean I don't care about my neighbors or am socially irresponsible. That's just your opinion.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Can't stay on topic so you go to the ad hominem, stay classy.
    It's called a joke, kenn. Lighten up!

kombimankenny is offline Junior Member
    I can kind of understand those who don't get flu vaccinations. Unless you're in regular contact with young children/babies or the elderly, catching the flu is a mild inconvenience and pretty much an accepted part of life.

The one that gets me angry is parents who don't vaccinate their kids because of the "health risks". Newsflash: a child who is not vaccinated faces far greater "health risks" in the form of measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphteria, tetanus, whooping cough etc. And they make that decision based on a discredited "study" that linked autism to vaccinations and the anecdotal evidence of "I never got vaccinated/know someone who didnt' and didn't get sick so it's not necessary".

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    well, with my immune system, I appreciate it when others get the flu shot. If you do then thank you.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    My mom had my brother and I vaccinated as babies, but only after we'd grown some and she felt we were ready for it. No pumping us full of needles at birth and such.

We do use zappers (electrical boxes that kill viruses, bacteria and funguses) so that probably helps too.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There are no anti-bodies you can produce to be immune to a virus. There are millions of different viruses, which one will you get a shot for?
    Once you fight off hte flu shot, your temporary 'anti-bodies' are gone.
    So, why inject your body with poison just to see if it's able to fight this off? It's irony.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast