Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Vaccine page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    I'm not going to get vaccinated because someone weaker may catch a virus. The weak succumb. It's the way of the world.
    That is incredibly cold hearted.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Wow!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

If my allegedly "bullet-proof" Primal immune system should happen to let a flu bug slip in, I would be fine. I'm young and strong. I might have a seizure or two from the fever, but I would survive. If however, I passed it along to my 86 year old Dad and he got pneumonia and died, I would never forgive myself.

Any one of you could get that same bug and sneeze in the aisle of whole foods while shopping for soup ingredients and my Dad could walk by and the same thing would happen. You are all just so damn smug in your, "I don't need a vax, I'm tough" attitudes, you would never realize that you had KILLED a person.

Social responsibility folks. If you live out in a cabin somewhere so you will never infect anyone else, fine, skip the vax and take your chances for you. Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.
    So many conflicting messages
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    So many conflicting messages
    I realize the idea of caring about and for anyone other than yourself may be foreign to you. That doesn't make it conflicting.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Wow!
    Yep. Isn't it scary how fast an ethic of rugged individualism can devolve into, "Let's toss Grandma to the wolves"?

I realize the idea of caring about and for anyone other than yourself may be foreign to you. That doesn't make it conflicting.
    I was in the Ukraine and I had this great guide and we're eating lunch and I asked her why they keep that statue of Lenin in the middle of the square. She goes on this long tirade on how they hate Lenin...she stops, smirks and says, look what's in front of the statue. They built a friggin Mcdonalds right in front of the statue! The funny shat is that the statue has the typical heroic pose but it's pointing at the Mcdonalds. She giggled and said they all laugh at it and will never take it down.

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    Here's how the flu shot works, if you don't get the shot you will stress out over the possibility of getting the flu. All that stress will lower your immune system and make you more susceptible to catching the flu. Or its all that formaldehyde and mercury in the shot that helps your body fight off that nasty virus.

I don't stress over the flu and I haven't gotten a cold/flu in years even though my husband gets 3-4 colds and maybe 1 flu a year (he's a very stressed out person). Even "if" the flu shot worked, I will never get it unless they can make a flu shot without toxins and it can be given in a non-injectable way.
    Last edited by lizzychan5; 12-21-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    And now a report about the price of tea in China, brought to you by kenn.

And now a report about the price of tea in China, brought to you by kenn.
    I didn't expect you to get it, but others will

stephlowen is offline Member
    My husband may sometimes get the flu vaccine but I don't and I do not let my daughter get it. I don't feel that I have a social responsibility to get it because if there are elderly, sick, or young people out there who are susceptible to the flu, then they should be getting the flu shot. I should not have to potentially suffer the flu myself in order to take care of the general public, who should be taking care of themselves.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast