Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Vaccine page 2

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I know I will get shouted down but one vote here for social as well as personal and family responsibility. Get vaccinated.
    yet you don't claim it works well
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I know I will get shouted down but one vote here for social as well as personal and family responsibility. Get vaccinated.
    +1
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Nope, no flu (or any other) vaccination for me. I seem to have an immunity system that could kill small animals by itself. Last vaccination that I had was 3 years ago, I was working overseas and the company required I get a cholera vaccination and guess what? I got sick.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Don't believe in them and never had one. They do more harm than good in my opinion. Not to mention having to stand in line with other people who are prone to getting sick or are already sick. That sounds like a great way to combat spreading disease.

Fear mongering is a great way to make money. Some people are more susceptible to the propaganda than others.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    We immunize for the major diseases in our house but not the flu. I've had a flu shot once or twice but I didn't notice any better sickness evasion than without it so I don't bother anymore. I don't have a spleen so it's recommended I get the shot but I don't.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Never had a flu shot. I rarely get sick. Washing your hands is probably the most effective thing you can do.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    yet you don't claim it works well
    It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

If my allegedly "bullet-proof" Primal immune system should happen to let a flu bug slip in, I would be fine. I'm young and strong. I might have a seizure or two from the fever, but I would survive. If however, I passed it along to my 86 year old Dad and he got pneumonia and died, I would never forgive myself.

Any one of you could get that same bug and sneeze in the aisle of whole foods while shopping for soup ingredients and my Dad could walk by and the same thing would happen. You are all just so damn smug in your, "I don't need a vax, I'm tough" attitudes, you would never realize that you had KILLED a person.

Social responsibility folks. If you live out in a cabin somewhere so you will never infect anyone else, fine, skip the vax and take your chances for you. Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.

shmee is offline Senior Member
    Nope.
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

shmee is offline Senior Member
    Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.
    This sentence here is just so full of holes I don't even know where to start. Its not ok for us to take a chance on someone else's life but we can put our life in the hands of the makers of the vaccine with the ingredients they put in?

1. Vaccines do not have a 100% efficacy rate. SO many people have had the shot and still get the flu.
    2. The ingredients and animal abuse they use to make the flu shot are so unethical its disgusting.

I gotta bow out of this discussion. It just makes my blood boil.

Vaccines. I spit.
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You are all just so damn smug in your, "I don't need a vax, I'm tough" attitudes, you would never realize that you had KILLED a person.

Social responsibility folks. If you live out in a cabin somewhere so you will never infect anyone else, fine, skip the vax and take your chances for you. Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.
    I'm not going to get vaccinated because someone weaker may catch a virus. The weak succumb. It's the way of the world.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast