Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Flu Vaccine page 18

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Even not knowing about mercury, I grew up in a time of childhood diseases like measles, mumps, chicken pox, and omg - the flu. I'm not one to vaccinate. My family was weird that way. When all the other kids were having their tonsils taken out, my dad said no. When the doctors told my grandmother that she should definitely get flu vaccine at 65, she said no - she did however start getting it at 80. I'm going to wait 'til then.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    After getting out of the military, I quit getting the flu shot. The problem with the flu shot is one of probability. There are thousands of flu virus strains, and the flu shot has 3 or 4 strains in it..... It takes @ 6 months to brew the vaccine, which means "they"... the epidemiologists/researchers have to "guess" which strains to produce this year. The odds are not in your favor that they chose wisely.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I never get it and I work in an environment where I'm exposed to sick children all the time. I hardly get sick anyway. It's a personal preference in my opinion.

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Social responsibility folks. If you live out in a cabin somewhere so you will never infect anyone else, fine, skip the vax and take your chances for you. Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.
    But if the people around you have had their wonderful, powerful vaccine, then they should not get sick if the one person who wasn't vaccinated is sick.

This mentality shows that those who get vaccinated really don't believe in them 100%. I NEVER get any kind of vaccines.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    I don't get inoculated with the flu so I can avoid getting the flu.

I think I've had the flu TWICE in my entire life. Shit, I'm more likely to get it FROM THE SHOT than I am "in the wild", so to speak.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Vaccinations are unnatural (certainly not primal) and compromise the future strength of the collective human immune system.

It's extremely unethical and solipsistic to propose that everyone should be forced to have a pile of genetically engineered monkey viruses, mercury and extreme immuno-stimulants injected directly into their bloodstream to protect those with weak immune systems.

My bloodstream and immune system is mine and under my control only, and any control freak who claims a stake can go feck themselves.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    You guys make some valid points but understand that the point of vaccination is not to protect you, but to protect the young children, elderly, and others with weakened immune systems around you. You can become "infected" with the flu virus to a subclinical extent (due to your strong immune system), in which you would be asymptomatic, but still have the ability to pass the virus on to others, and keep the viral load of a "population" higher than it would be if 100% of people got the vaccine.

Yes it doesn't cover all the strains, but it consistently gets somewhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of them. That may not sound like much but in a population sense you are talking about NNT (number need to treat) in the 100s. For every few hundred who get a flu shot, 1 person with a weakened immune system won't get the virus due to a lower population viral load, and potentially won't die or get seriously sick.

That's why health care workers HAVE to get the shot, you aren't allowed to work without it. I am certainly not trying to convince anyone who doesn't want to get the shot to get it, but understand the point of the vaccine is not to protect you healthy cavemen but the others around you who aren't so lucky.

The point of vaccination has only ever been that those with strong immune systems compromise their own to protect those with weakened immune systems.

This can only ever promote degeneration of the immune system.

That can only ever be negative and create more work for everyone.

The flu vaccine has been debunked over and over again as being of no benefit for anyone.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    The point of vaccination has only ever been that those with strong immune systems compromise their own to protect those with weakened immune systems.

The flu vaccine has been debunked over and over again as being of no benefit for anyone.
    Those statements are contradictory. The first is (somewhat) correct, the second is wrong.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    Those statements are contradictory. The first is (somewhat) correct, the second is wrong.
    Would you care to explain why? Because I don't see it.

The flu vaccine is woo for weaklings.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast