estimates of flu-associated deaths in the United States range from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 peopleI still drive. How socially irresponsible of me.42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States
No vaccines here, none for my kids.
Yes and no
Obviously flu vaccines and cars aren't really related. But the idea that you're subjecting yourself to various chemicals/additives for the idea that you may prevent yourself/your community from being one of the 49,000 is as absurd as someone suggesting I stop driving as I may be one of the 43,000. The statistics are not that far apart...astonishing really. The fear-mongering is also astonishing. Living in a capitalist society will always lead to the "greater good" being the "greater bottom line."
I used US stats because most of MDA appears to be American, although I am Canadian.
Am wondering~ don't know if anyone has an answer, but~
When I was a kid in northern MN, we had air raid/emergency sirens on the telephone poles throughout the town. First Tuesday of every month, at precisely 2:00 pm, they would sound for a minute. Pretty much everyone said *Oh, it must be 2:00* Point being, if we were ever attacked or had a tornado on the first Tuesday at 2:00, well, you get the picture.
So here we are with flu shots~ a dead virus is injected for the purpose of mobilizing the immune system to make antibodies. But what if the body is smarter than than that? What if dead viruses don't trigger a panic attack? What if the body waits to see if these invaders multiply? What if it ups the infestation numbers before rushing to another false alarm? What if the body just decides *it must be 2:00 on Tuesday* the one time there is real threat, like cancer ?
I'm curious about those who won't vaccinate. Do you not do it because you and children aren't at risk or because you are dead set against it. If they were at risk (as in the flu would greatly increase their chances of death) would it change your mind?
I must admit it is hard to have the same attitude to "evil pharma" when you live in a country where vaccinations are free or greatly subsidised.
Became Primal August 2011
SW - 84kg / 185lb
CW - 60kg / 132lb
GW - 60kg / 132lb
There's no such thing as free. Someone paid for it and in the case of your vaccinations the taxpayer(you) paid for it.
I don't vaccinate for the flu because I don't feel the need for it and I question it's efficacy. What I do know for sure is I don't want the poisons that they use to concoct this vaccine and many others being shot into my body all in the name of "the greater good", er... I mean social responsibility.
From this article The Media Manipulates Flu Vaccine Facts only 1.5% of Adults does the Flu help. So why inject my self with something that is useless. If I'm going to take ANY "treatment" is has to be more effect then 1.5%. There are better ways to protect your self from the Flu then the Flu Vaccines. Below is from the article, it list "better" ways to protect yourself and family from the Flu.
The Best Way to Prevent the Flu Has Little to do With a Vaccine
Avoiding influenza and flu-like illness during the flu season or any season doesn't require a flu vaccine. By following the simple guidelines below, you can help keep your immune system in optimal working order so that you're far less likely to get sick or, if you do get sick, you are better prepared to move through it without complications and soon return to good health.
1. Optimize your vitamin D levels. As I've previously reported, optimizing your vitamin D levels is one of the absolute best strategies for avoiding infections of ALL kinds, and vitamin D deficiency is likely the TRUE culprit behind the seasonality of the flu -- not the flu virus itself. This is probably the single most important and least expensive action you can take. Regularly monitor your vitamin D levels to confirm your levels are within the therapeutic range of 50-70 ng/ml. Ideally, you'll want to get all your vitamin D from sun exposure or a safe tanning bed, but as a last resort you can take an oral vitamin D3 supplement. According to the latest review by Carole Baggerly (Grassrootshealth.org), adults need about 8,000 IU's a day.
2. Avoid Sugar, Fructose and Processed Foods. Sugar impairs the function of your immune system almost immediately, and as you likely know, a healthy immune system is one of the most important keys to fighting off viruses and other illness. Be aware that sugar is present in foods you may not suspect, like ketchup and fruit juice.
3. Get Enough Rest. Just like it becomes harder for you to get your daily tasks done if you're tired, if your body is overly fatigued it will be harder for it to fight the flu. Be sure to check out my article Guide to a Good Night's Sleep for some great tips to help you get quality rest.
Have Effective Tools to Address Stress . We all face some stress every day, but if stress becomes overwhelming then your body will be less able to fight off the flu and other illness. If you feel that stress is taking a toll on your health, consider using an energy psychology tool such as the Emotional Freedom Technique, which is remarkably effective in relieving stress associated with all kinds of events, from work to family to trauma.
4. Exercise. When you exercise, you increase your circulation and your blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are also better circulated, which means your immune system has a better chance of finding an illness before it spreads.
5. Take a Good Source of Animal-Based Omega-3 Fats. Increase your intake of healthy and essential fats like the omega-3 found in krill oil, which is crucial for maintaining health. It is also crucial to avoid excessive and/or oxidized omega-6 fatty acids, as well as trans fatty acids commonly found in processed foods, as they will seriously damage your immune response.
6. Wash Your Hands. Washing your hands will decrease your likelihood of spreading a virus to your nose, mouth or other people. Be sure you don't use antibacterial soap for this -- antibacterial soaps are completely unnecessary, and they cause far more harm than good. Instead, identify a simple chemical-free soap that you can switch your family to.
7. Use Natural Antibiotics. Examples include colloidal silver, oil of oregano, and garlic. These work like broad-spectrum antibiotics against bacteria, viruses, and protozoa in your body. And unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, they do not appear to lead to resistance.
8. Avoid Hospitals. I'd recommend you stay away from hospitals unless you're having an emergency and need expert medical care, as hospitals are prime breeding grounds for infectious microorganisms of all kinds. The best place to get plenty of rest and recover from illness that is not life-threatening is usually in the comfort of your own home.
I would have to agree with Hardwarehank NOTHING is for FREE. Even government health care.....
Last edited by Kudos2Fly; 01-01-2012 at 02:37 PM.
I don't get flu shots mainly because it's based on theory, not fact. Human physiology didn't evolve on theory. Look how good theory has worked in the past few decades~ a low fat diet lowers cholesterol, high carb diets are healthy, whole grains will help you lose weight~ anyone still believe in Susan Powter? Apparently, the body doesn't read and incorporate CW.
When they test everyone for anti-bodies before the shot and then a month after, and find antibodies where there were none, then we have something to talk about. Oh~ and it would be nice if it lasted more than 11 months!