Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Vaccine page 11

Grok is offline Senior Member

Personally, I never get a flu shot, and neither does any member of my family. There are a number of reasons behind my decision. --Mark Sisson

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    My 6 year old gets the flus shot every year. Whatever the effectiveness 1.5%, 11%, 50% I'll take it. Any percentage is better than the alternative. If she gets the flu she will end up in intensive care and she may not survive. I would love to think that her recent switch to primal living will help her lungs but I won't take any chances.

For me and my other daughter, we didn't get the shot. I don't rely on anyone else to protect my child. Sure I inwardly rant and seethe every time another parent sends their child to school with an obvious cold but I can't put her in a bubble. I'm lucky that she has a good immune system and doesn't get sick easily. Unfortunately no about of vitamin D is going to help her once she does.
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

jcnick34 is offline Junior Member

Flu vaccine - never

Scam by big pharma - will never get it!

The Media Manipulates Flu Vaccine Facts

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Wow~ is there a lot of finger pointing on this thread!

Have never had a flu shot~ not planning on getting one this year either~ haven't had the flu in at least 30 years~ can't see the reasoning for me.

FWIW, I'd rather get the flu and know it, than to get the shot and walk around not knowing I'm some sort of 'Typhoid Mary' and infecting people with compromised immune systems~ The vaccine doesn't stop someone from being a carrier~ just stops them from getting certain (not all) varieties of flu~ IMO, not worth the bother.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Wow~ is there a lot of finger pointing on this thread!

Have never had a flu shot~ not planning on getting one this year either~ haven't had the flu in at least 30 years~ can't see the reasoning for me.

FWIW, I'd rather get the flu and know it, than to get the shot and walk around not knowing I'm some sort of 'Typhoid Mary' and infecting people with compromised immune systems~ The vaccine doesn't stop someone from being a carrier~ just stops them from getting certain (not all) varieties of flu~ IMO, not worth the bother.
    yea, i don't understand why the thread went as long as it did in the first place.

on the first page, i told the people: flu shots are a racket, you don't need them, and i haven't been sick since 1994.

and then the people wanted to add what they think, how they feel; but this was not necessary.

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    lmao... that's great. Thanks for the laugh dado.

dianejaquay is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    OK, one last post and then I am done with this farce.

1) As I have said repeatedly, if you genuinely believe that the vaccine will do you or your kids physical harm, i disagree with you but will not try to talk you out of your beliefs.

2) If you think you just don't need a vax because of your super Primal immune system, cool, roll the dice for yourself as long as you can quarantine yourself if you should happen to turn out to not be quite bulletproof.

3) If you come into contact with other humans, I believe that it is the socially responsible thing to do to get vaccinated. IMO.

4)If you believe in magic electrical boxes which "zap" everything from cancer to toenail fungus, there is no point in even having a discussion with you.

You are a piece of work. One of the dark spots (for me), when visiting this otherwise helpful forum.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast