Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble, need your help (anyone that is) page

shmooty1 is offline Junior Member

Having trouble, need your help (anyone that is)

I started eating primal about three months ago. I've cut out all grains and I order my beef from US Wellness and my fish from Wild Pacific Salmon and my poultry I pick up locally at a trustworthy farm. I shop only for organic veggies though sometimes when I can't find what I want I let a head of non organic cauliflower or such into the mix. I've stayed away from dairy with the exception of half and half in my coffee in the morning. I admit I lead a sedentary lifestyle and I'm stuck in front of the computer almost all the time for work. However if 80% of this lifestyle is about what you put in your mouth then I'd really like to know how come I haven't lost any weight at all. I'm about 300 lbs and just itching to drop 50-80 as quickly as possible. It the sedentary life style? I thought I could accomplish 80% of my goal by just changing my eating habits. Can someone provide me some good feedback please?

mikecalm is offline Junior Member
    Hmm, the only answer is that you eat too much. When I changedmy eating 1.5 year ago it worked very fast (without exercising ). Unless you have any medical issue, it should work.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating/how much, and when? Are you eating regular meals? Are you snacking?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecalm View Post
    Hmm, the only answer is that you eat too much. When I changedmy eating 1.5 year ago it worked very fast (without exercising ). Unless you have any medical issue, it should work.
    On the contrary, the OP may have a very broken metabolism that defends his/her current weight. I'd check out the Leptin reset
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

1949katie is offline Member
    The post by peril makes a good point. Some people's metabolism are very screwed up. One source said that,rarely, a metabolism can be permanently damaged. Start with the Leptin reset. Good luck.

shmooty1 is offline Junior Member

Still Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by mikecalm View Post
    In the morning I have a 3 egg omelet with some mixed sliced veggies and a little cheese (and coffee with half and half). Lunch is usually a salad or a handful of walnuts or I skip it. Dinner is a steak from US Wellness or a Salmon Filet from Fresh Alaska Salmon, along with some kind of organic veggie - cauliflower, broccoli, mixed veggies, etc. I don't think I'm really eating that much. If I ate less I'd get hungry more often.

Any ideas?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Sounds almost like a starvation diet. How many calories are you eating?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    That is really not a lot of food. Are you hungry eating that amount or satisfied?

How is your health otherwise? Do you feel energetic? If that is really all the food you are eating every day I would suggest a visit to the doctor to get your thyroid checked out.

I do believe the bulk of the battle is diet. But you do need to move. I lost weight with no exercise other than walking and/or hiking. Can you get out for 30-60 minutes of walking every day. The health benefits of walking are important.

JimN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    That is really not a lot of food. Are you hungry eating that amount or satisfied?

How is your health otherwise? Do you feel energetic? If that is really all the food you are eating every day I would suggest a visit to the doctor to get your thyroid checked out.

I do believe the bulk of the battle is diet. But you do need to move. I lost weight with no exercise other than walking and/or hiking. Can you get out for 30-60 minutes of walking every day. The health benefits of walking are important.
    I lost 40+ lbs in 3 months when I first was diagnosed with diabetes (starting at 265 lbs). Using a conventional diet and LOTS of walking - at the fastest pase I could manage (3-5 miles a night). In contrast to that, I started eating Primal 5 weeks ago and have lost about 10 lbs without adding alot of strenuous exercise. I can't say I understand what the Leptin reset is, and that may very well be necessary since I have read several postings where it is mentioned, but my experience is in line with jammies. IF you can get out and walk, at the fastest pase you can stand, for even a short timeframe 20-30 minutes and work up to an hour, it may be helpful in jump starting your metabolism. Good luck and keep it up.

As a side note, I would also agree with the posting above that asked you how you felt - hunger, energy, etc. If you are feeling good other than not loosing weight, maybe it is a medical issue that needs to be addressed. Me, I'm fed up with doctors trying to feed me pills for everything, but sometimes that is what is needed to allow your body to heal itself. Just make sure you educate yourself on what they tell you.

Credodisi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think the most underrated element of the primal blueprint is moving slowly but frequently. Take a walk in the morning, park the car as far away from the store entrance, take the stairs whenever you can. Get moving every day. Sitting is death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast