Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avoid gluten? page 2

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaumas View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm 40, I live in Paris, and I've just found out about Mark Sisson's research. I'm 6 foot and approaching 100 kilos, so obviously main motivation for going primal is my desire to lose weight and remove stored fat. In terms of exercise, I ride a bike between my workplace and my home every day, and I take occaisional walks. In terms of nutrition, I'm going to cut back on dairy, sugar (I'll have my coffee unsweetened), and carbs (turning to legumes such as beans for proteins). Which leads me to my first question. I've just bought red beans and the notice on the packaging says they may contain gluten. Now, I understand gluten is a protein but it is found in foods processed from wheat and other grain-related species. Does this mean that this protein is part of the carbs grouping? Should I therefore avoid it?

Thank you very much for your insights.
    I think you ought to at least try to read some things about this way of eating - look at my signature for a start. Basically we are eating like your French grandparents ate, but without any bread (and limiting the cheese) - does that help?
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Thaumas is offline Junior Member
    Thank you iniQuity for warning me about the conspiracy going on in America. I'm afraid France thinks along the same lines as the US concerning fat, so I'll have to be careful over here too...

And thanks wendyland for recommending myfitnesspal.com. I've been using it for the past two days, and it's been very helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12