Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaz's Primal Journal page

kaz.au Guest

Kaz's Primal Journal

Primal Fuel

Okay so I have decided to start up a journal, and would love to hear your comments on my calorie breakdown. My goal is weightloss, I have about 35 pounds to lose.

Total Calories : 1452

Calories from fat: 792 (55%) 89 grams

Calories from protein: 536 (37%) 130 grams

Calories from Carbs: 118 (8%) 32 grams

Menu:

B/f: 3 eggs (butter on eggs), avocado and a slice of smoked salmon (just emptying the fridge).

m/t: small handful of nuts.

Lunch: Salad with lettuce, onion, celery and red capsicum, salmon, 1 egg and olive balsamic dressing.

A/t: ground meat rissole.

Dinner: Roast Chicken with low carb veges, dab of butter.

I did a half hour walk and some short but sharp resistance training with legs (arms still sore from the other day).

Looking forward to your comments.

Cheers Kaz

Miriam Guest

Hey Kaz, good stuff, looks like you are on the right track, how are you feeling with your new way of eating?

Eggs and avocado = divine!

I hope you kept the skin on that roast chicken

kaz.au Guest

Thanks Miriam,

nice to know I am on the right track, although I am totally confused about fats again after the thread that is going crazy today.I am enjoying this way of eating, but still have the fat fear in the back of my mind and feeling a little flat on energy today, so must be switching from glucose to fat for fuel, hopefully it will pass in the next few days.

I am just going by Marks recommendations in the Primal Blueprint book, based on Kelly Korgs profile. He works out what she should be taking in and determines a calorie deficient overtime to enable fat loss, so I am sticking with that, I am not hungry so thats the main thing. I am not going to weigh in until the end of the month to give my body some time to adjust.

The roast chicken was yum and I did eat some of the skin, not alot as my dinner companions had most of it, really crispy.

I stuffed a small chicken with a chopped lemon (skined, fresh off the tree) 10 black olives, flat leaf parsley (fresh from the garden), 4 cloves of garlic crushed, 1 tbsp butter chopped, salt and pepper and rosemary fresh again (I sometimes use basil instead of rosemary). Pop some toothpicks in the end to hold the stuffing in. Rub the outside with olive oil and small amount sea salt and pepper. Then pop on a rack in the pan with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup white wine in the bottom of pan. Roast until really crispy and golden brown. Crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside.

I probably should pop this in the recipe section. Is is legally Primal?

It was Yummo....

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

The chicken sounds delish :-)

Miriam Guest

Chicken sounds great, I am going to try it this weekend.

Donít be scared of fat, remember its our friend! I find that I no longer crave carbs since increasing the fat and having weight loss without even trying and it wasnít even my goal! And also my skin is a lot clearer and not so dry and my hair is really shiny so that is a definite benefit of eating more fat.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

It took me a while to get over the fat phobia too, but after trying it for a while and seeing the scale go down, I felt a lot more at ease.

kaz.au Guest

Miriam - the chicken is fabulous definately try it and let me know how it tastes. I have noticed changes in my skin already which is great, much softer and moist which is a far cry from my thyroid dry skin days.

Diana - I am glad someone else struggled with getting over the fat phobia. Its like I have been totally brainwashed. I understand the science of it and the fat free movement hasnt done any of us any favours. I hope my scale also goes in the right direction at the end of the month.

DCKMB - Try the chicken its great.

Okay here is the macro breakdown for today. I am feeling really tired so only did a light 1/2hr walk this morning. Massive headache and muscles very fatigued, adjustment I am assuming. I had a GROK nap before lunch because I just needed it.

Total Calories: 1460

Calories from fat: 831 (57%) 94 grams

Calories from Protein: 489 (34%) 118 grams

Calories from Carbs: 111 (8%) 35 grams

Menu:

b/f: 3 eggs scrambled avocado and slice smoked salmon

m/t: dreaded sugar cravings this morning so had organic cream whipped (not making habit of this cream gave me a headache) with few blueberries.

Lunch: Didnt feel like salad so had leftover chook, egg and avocado.

a/t: just ate three really small mandarins.

Dinner: on the menu for tonight (havent eaten it yet).

Pork steak, zuchhini, brocolli and cauli.

Attempting IF after dinner aiming from 7pm tonight until 11am tomorrow 15 hours.

Thanks for popping in gals, talk to you soon.

Kaz

Jordanna Guest

Hi Kaz,

You have exactly the right idea, great menus! Very similar to the foods I eat. You will be pleasantly surprised as time goes on how different you feel incorporating fats into your diet and how much easier it is to eat just the right amount for weight loss or to maintain, especially to maintain, it's really hard to overeat even with the fabulous 80/20 principle!!- and also how nice and glossy your skin and hair looks- I just wrote that then noticed Miriam had said the same- it's so true though!! Good luck and keep us posted, Jx

kaz.au Guest

Hi Jordanna,

Thanks for popping in. How much do you restrict your calories when you are trying to lose body fat? I am looking forward to the benefits of more fats in the diet, and reprogramming the brain to forget CV. Thanks for wishing me luck, I am still finding my feet so hopefully I will go okay.

So, got my kettlebells today, soooooooo excited it is awesome fun. I didnt think I would be able to do it, but got 30 mins in to the 50 min circuit. I will build up each time. I felt great afterwards. I am sure the pain will hit me tomorrow. I also did a 1hr walk this morning and cleaned the house today, so some energy burnt. My food intake has gone up a bit, but putting that down to the extra workout.

I have decided to post my meals and macros the day after, makes more sense. So I will pop todays on tomorrow morning (thats if I can type lol). Going to go for a quick 15-20min walk now to remove some of that lactic acid.

Till then Kaz

Jordanna Guest

I have to restrict calories as always if you want to lose weight (even Mark says this in the book), so I go for about 1,600 or 1,700 which works well for me, but I have not been that serious about losing the final 7lbs until now. When I do keep more of an eye on the cals what I find is that by incorporating the fats you are much less hungry between meals is the main difference. And what I have found amazing is that i'm still a relatively low weight and it's much harder to gain when you are eating Primal even not obsessing over cals. It makes sense really if you think about it, the body is bound to process say overdoing avocados and brazil nuts over sugar or pasta!! There has been a lot of debate on here whether calories matter, but I think going by experience they do, but the body will respond more favourably to weight loss/maintenance eating primally as it it how we were designed to eat etc. After 4 months of eating, exercising and living this way I would never go back, though i was low in energy for a few weeks when i began, but if you get this don't let it put you off. Jx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast