Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More or Less Bowel Movements? page 3

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Depending on how much damage has been done to your bowels, the transit time isn't important. Don't up your veggies (which are mostly insoluble fiber and tear you a new one) because bulk will continue to stretch your colon and make bowel movements even worse over time.
    Let your colon heal and shrink, this takes a long time, 1-2 years, sometimes more, depending on your age.

Fiber Menace is a good read, written by Konstantin Monastyrsky.

Important is the quality of your stools. K. Monastyrsky has a web site GutSense.org and a Bristol Stool Chart. You get bulk from friendly bacteria (the healthy way) not from insoluble cellulose which no mammal on this planet can digest, only the bacteria within the animal, even the cow!
    If you up your cellulose, your indigestible fibers, your gut bacteria will ferment that crap until the end of time, giving you massive bloat and a toxic blood stream. Stick with plants that have little indigestible fibers such as cucumber, tomato (skinned), butter lettuce, squash, etc.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I've actually noticed the opposite. My whole adult life I've had frequent, uncomfortable constipation. If I was lucky I could go once every 2-3 days. Since going primal I'm totally, predictably, once-a-day regular, and my gut feels so much better.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    I have less frequent but more battleship/cruiser sized offerings to the porcelain gods since going primal.

I like it.

Jack_B is offline Junior Member
    My experience has been that the transition from SAD to a Primal can be somewhat rough in this regard (maybe because the gut flora need time to adjust?) but after a week of eating Primally volume goes down to almost nothing. It actually drastic enough that the first time it happened I was really worried.

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    Less. Even when I was heating CW healthy I went a lot and worried something was wrong.
    Now I know it was just the CW diet.
    I go twice a day at most and have very little gas.
    When I cheat or have my 20% now I have more BM or gas.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I went from once a day to once a day so, yeah, no difference for me But I was eating pretty well before, and very little in the way of artificial chemicals (I was 'failsafe')

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I go once every other day...sometimes everyday. It's a lot less then it used to be. I never ever have gas anymore!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    less often and less waste for me too.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    same as always.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Far less for me, once every two or three days instead of every day. Wouldn't say the amount is smaller though, two flushes often needed!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast