Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More or Less Bowel Movements? page 2

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think a well oiled machine works the way it is supposed to. You are eating healthfully, all reasonable indicators say you are healthy, you go when you gotta go.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Well, snakes only go either before or after they eat (I can't remember which) but they also only eat every couple of days.

For me, I'm down in number, but that's because I'm not #2ing every time I go to the bathroom. Aah the joys of proper consistency! Who knew whether or not you needed to poop could be predicted/somewhat controlled?!

sunnie123 is offline Junior Member
    I remember reading that dogs will have a lot less "output" if you feed them a diet of mostly meat as opposed to typical dog food which is full of grains and fillers. I assume that we work the same way.

hamstercaster is offline Junior Member
    Well I'm glad to know that I'm not alone to have seen a decrease in bathroom trips. I used to go a "healthy" 2 or 3 times a day to one light time a day, sometimes two. Was wondering if it was the sometimes lack of fiber in my diet or the efficiency of my body to properly digest the food and thus create less waste.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnie123 View Post
    I remember reading that dogs will have a lot less "output" if you feed them a diet of mostly meat as opposed to typical dog food which is full of grains and fillers. I assume that we work the same way.
    I can vouch for that. Converted our dogs to "canine paleo" and the amount of "output" has dropped dramatically, both in frequency and volume.

lev96 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    It's cutting into my reading time........
    LOL and +1

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Yes, but they still go after they eat, not every other day or so. Mine eat very primally, but that doesn't stop them from going a few times a day. Then again, why the hell am I comparing canines to homosapiens? My geckos only go once a day and my cornsnake only goes after I feed her every 4 days.
    Haha!

donnieR32 is offline Member
    From a survival standpoint, doesn't it make sense to poo less? You're spending less time in an "exposed" manner and leaving less of a trace behind. I think from a primal point of view that kind of makes sense.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Every morning 30 minutes after breakfast & every evening just before dinner. Bowel Transit Time is important. If you are going every other day, you should up the fibrous veggies a bit and make sure you getting enough water/liquids.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    I can attest to that.
    Bowel movements are smaller, and less frequent, but always perfect!
    My dogs were also switched to a primal diet, went from HUGE cow pies, several a day and a huge water consumption to small and easy to pass turds with very little water consumption.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast