Thread: Primal 2nd timer! page

irishunion is offline Junior Member

Primal 2nd timer!

Primal Fuel
    Hi all, 25 y.o guy here from Texas. I did the primal thing last year for 3 months and lost 15 pounds and got into great shape. After that our son was born and I fell off the wagon. A year later I'm ready to do this thing again. I want to set a good example for my son and also combat some genetic heart stuff in my family. I just got my pre primal blood work back which consists of:

Tri= 93
    HDL= 51
    LDL= 136
    Cholesterol= 206

My dad died of a heart attack so the Chol and LDL numbers worry me a bit since I am so young. I also was given a 51 ALT result which is slightly elevated though I have no idea why.

Just did my baseline fitness test today to and did okay. Anyways, I look forward to posting and hearing from you all!

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Good luck and I hope you stick to living a healthy lifestyle for you and your family (and bringing them on-board). I've been trying different meals and prepping myself for the conversion to PB for the past month or so and am about to go full-ON myself.

mando is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why did you fall off the wagon the first time? I think the most important thing to realize about primal eating is it's easy once you get used to it. If you did it for three months, rest assured you can do it for as long as you like. Try to find food that you really like eating. If your palate is satisfied, you will be fine, since we don't have to worry about calorie restriction on this diet. Good luck