Thread: Need suggestions for parabens/chemical-free shampoo page

maba is offline Senior Member

I haven't had a chance to check the forums regularly in the last couple of days and may not for sometime. So just a quick question for all of you. I need suggestions for a good eco-friendly, chemical and fragrance-free shampoo. I used to use Aussie and J&J's Baby Shampoo. But I went poo-free about 5 weeks ago. I'm at a point where I can't stand the d'ruff(sorry TMI) and want to really clean my scalp this weekend. What shampoo do you suggest? in the last 5 weeks I've tried Baking Soda and ACV 4 times and Soapnut/Reetha once. I think I have Dr.Bronner's soap at home too. Thanks in advance.

beckinwolf is offline Member

I give 2 Thumb's up for Dr. Bronners. It's soapy enough to not be too harsh like apple cidar vinegar and baking soda, but doesn't have any artificial ingredients either. I've been using it for about 6 months now. You can use the soap that comes in the clear bottles, or the soap that comes in the solid colered bottles. They both work well. Make sure get the rinse though. Otherwise you won't be able to brush your hair due to the tangles you get from the soap. The rinse is just lemon juice and different botanical ingredients. It's in an orange bottle. You might also try Pangea brand. They are another good brand that never uses chemicals. All their products come in brown bottles. Aubrey Organics is good too.

Carpe Diem!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I've got a big bottle of Aveda chamomile shampoo, which is a conventional "chemical" one but without SLS etc, and with natural extracts.

However I've been using african black soap from Akamuti, with or without a coconut oil pre-conditioning thing, and it's not too harsh on my very fine hair