Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Still craving pterodactyl...Kate's Primal Journal page 8

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member

Good News, Bad News

Shoot, the bad news is that my dear friend Vicky is giving up on Primal because her husband isn't into it, and she feels it's too much trouble to try to cook two different ways. The good news is that she gave me her brand new copy of the Quick & Easy Primal Blueprint Cookbook and is it EVER full of wonderful stuff! Wow wow wow.

Never mind that I can eat primal no matter what company I'm in, we definitely benefited from this one.

Wish she had.
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

We went to a charity dinner last night, and I still managed to stay primal for the most part, at least as far as I know. Moroccan chicken and sausage was the main dish, and it was GOOD--I skipped the garbanzo beans that came with it. I'm sure the green beans would have been fine, but they didn't taste good, so I skipped those too. Had the salad, and a bite of the chocolate mousse, skipped the phyllo dough cup it was in. Skipped the rolls--they came with herbed MARGARINE, anyway, ugh. A nice glass of wine with dinner and I was quite satisfied. Of course it helped that J. had made us a stuffed mushroom appetizer about an hour or so before dinner. :-D
    Best--
    Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Wahoo, I'm about 155 now! Granted, that's still a ways to go, but I am LOVING getting to wear clothes I thought I should give away last year. I saw Dr. Mercola's ideal waist measurement for women my height, and that is SO not going to happen, but it's down too, hence my newly comfortable skirts.
    Best--
    Kate

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Yay, Kate!! You go GF!

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Yay, Kate!! You go GF!
    Thank you, RaeVynn! I'm very pleased, and feel really good. Not bad for an old chickie!

Well, still continuing to feel great, for the most part, deal with stresses better, and the weight is stable. My BP is GREAT. I cut my pills in half, then half again, and I haven't taken any at all in days--I'm still in the 120/70 range. Not bad for an old chickie, as I keep saying!

I messed up my right knee in early October, so it joins my left in being painful--exercise is even more of a challenge, but I'm doing upper body stuff and some light legwork. Sprinting has NEVER been an option, since I screwed up the first knee in '99! Love my light weights and Thera-bands.

This stuff works!
    Best--
    Kate

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's been a while since I checked in, and happily my knees are much better. I LOVE my walker with the tricycle bell and drink container, but love it even more in storage.

Still no BP pills necessary...usually in the 110s/60s range, even with a stressful visit to California for my father-in-law's memorial and all the attendant family stuff.

It was hard to get good vegetables in CA, of all things...surprised me how little imagination was used. If I never see another plate of mixed steamed (flabby, tasteless) vegetables it will be WAY too soon. We ended up eating more potatoes than I have in the past two YEARS, plus a couple of helpings of creme brulee, but now that we're back home with our own stove and refrigerator, I've lost the few pounds I'd gained over that week. Life is good. I FEEL good. Loving the big salads for lunch, with NO ICEBERG LETTUCE.
    Best--
    Kate

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678