Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Still craving pterodactyl...Kate's Primal Journal page 7

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just reading one of Michael Eades' books in which he talks about how many calories are burned by us fidgeters. As kinetic as I normally am, I ought to weigh about 100 by now! That said, just got hooked up with Pandora Radio and listening to my beloved Celtic music. SERIOUS kinetic action here, chair dancing and tapping. Calories flying out the window...

And I HAVE lost another couple of pounds, so maybe cutting down on caffeine and skipping the rum in my tea is helping...
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

So hmmmm...I wonder if today's pterodactyl would taste anything like the rosemary-garlic roast chicken I just made for Sunday dinner. WAY good...
    Best--
    Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

So. Good news and bad news. Gardening again this year, after many years...the trees have really grown up and we have a LOT of shade, so doing container gardening, in the spots of sun. All organic, all fresh, and good to do physical work...some. (OK, my knees are ticked but whatchagonnado?)

The bad news is our two scales (yeah, I know, throw them away!) My old one here just has a dial...a NORMAL scale, darn it. I was delighted with my weight. Not goal, but good. My husband happy was with his, too, the other day, but it was too good to believe, and he got on the darned digital scale. And gained 13 lbs, like magic! Uh oh...well, I've STILL lost 27 lbs (it's not about the numbers, it's not about the numbers), I just must have started even higher than I thought. Blast!
    Best--
    Kate

Starving Artists in the Kitchen: Containers for a Kitchen Garden

Well, I MEANT to do my update on eating wild foods--what could be more primal??--but meanwhile back at the Garden of Eden...
    Best--
    Kate

Holy CATS, I haven't written anything here since MAY? Sheesh. Well the good news is that my delightful and beloved husband has started reading The Primal Blueprint, and I hope he will feel as much better as I do. He's the main chef in the house, and although he mostly sticks to my needs, this will be cool that he'll know more WHY (and that he won't supplement his own diet with too many less than healthy choices). He was an Atkins guy, but of course that means some pretty weird stuff passes muster. (We BOTH gained too much after he moved here and we started with the bread and pasta, even if they were largely home made and theoretically healthy.) Primal is so much more healthy, and I want to keep him around for a lot of years. Yes, he IS ten years younger than I am, but I think I may be healthier...love that man to pieces.
    Best--
    Kate

perennialpam is online now Senior Member
    Just had to say hello. I am close to turning 65 (December). Have been primal since January 2011 but seem to be falling off a cliff lately. Things I had stayed away from are now pulling my cravings. Summer has much to do with that as camping with grandkids brings on ice cream and bread. Working to STAY on my primal bandwagon. Eating those types of foods continues to start the cravings even when not eaten all that often.

Regardless, glad you and your hubby are living together again. I'll have to re-read your posts to figure out why you were parted to begin with.

Cheers.

Thank you! It's not an "again," actually--we're practically newlyweds (5 years.) He lived in Virginia, I lived in Missouri when we got married, and we had to wait till her retired till he could move here.

I'll be 70 in October, so I'm pretty pleased with my overall health. Save for a bit of sometimes high BP and my lack of knee-cartilage, I'm good.

I'm trying to get a bit more focused again, though, to lose more and to support him, and last night was the first time I've been bothered by cravings! I was eating too many cashews and I cut back, but BOY did I want some last night.
    Best--
    Kate

In Search of the Perfect Human Diet

We watched this together last night--I'd seen it and really LOVED the paleo-archaeological bits. If you haven't gotten to see it I recommend it! Part of why my sweetie's on board now...
    Best--
    Kate

Well WAHOO! I had my Well Woman checkup Friday and just got the result of my lab work back. EVERYTHING is normal. That includes cholesterol, which for me is phenomenal. I am guessing the Primal Blueprint is working out for me!
    Best--
    Kate

PrimalCon New York
    Very pleased...last year the cholesterol total was 255, this year--post Primal--212. Triglycerides, 172, last year, this year 64.
    Didn't get last year's HDL, but this year 72, LDL last year 155, this year 127.
    Last edited by Kate Ruckman; 08-08-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast