Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Still craving pterodactyl...Kate's Primal Journal page 6

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Put in some time with the Thera-band this morning, resistance training in addition to my regular exercises. IT FELT GREAT. I need to do that more often...
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

I've been out digging dandelions today for greens/dandelion crowns and feeling very hunter-gatherish. We're going to have them with fish...walleye. Yum.

I had to laugh, thinking of the recent "could we feed the world" posts...it's taken me off and on all day to dig, rough-clean, rinse, clean again, trim and get these ready to cook. Hey, if people were willing to work like crazy, maybe...and if there were enough yards that didn't use herbicide...
    Best--
    Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Well drat, I know I wrote my BMI somewhere, but it seems to have disappeared so I don't know if I'm doing better or not! Should be...I've lost another pound or two (26 now, I think?), and my waist is another inch smaller. Seriously, though, I can't figure out where most of the weight went, 'cause I don't look that much smaller. To me, anyway--people have remarked on it. My skirts are more comfortable though...
    Best--
    Kate

Oh yeah, still loving my Thera-band, too. Getting nice little old-lady muscles. Don't mess with me, dude.
    Best--
    Kate

JUST home from California in the wee hours this morning...tired but nowhere near as tired as I would have been pre-Primal. Yesterday was a crazy travel day, worthy of a Chevy Chase vacation or an Accidental Tourist...almost no time for eating. Early breakfast at a mom-and-pop, so I settled for two eggs, two links, no toast no hash browns. Thought we'd have time to eat again before our three hour flight, but traffic, getting lost, being delayed, and being at the wrong gate and racing for ours (they'd changed since our boarding passes were printed) took care of THAT time...so I nibbled jerky that I have learned to carry with me. And knocked out my front-tooth crown...I look like something out of HeeHaw! (You youngsters won't remember HeeHaw and I'm surprised I do 'cause I never actually SAW it, but hey. Or "hay," as the case may be...)

Anyway, I thought no prob, this time we'll spring for the on-the-plane snacky meals....I chose the fruit and cheese plate. Which they were out of, they announced up front. So I chose the chicken Caesar salad...which, by the time they got to our row near the back of the plane, they were out of. So...okay. All the way to Missouri, nothing open at the airport in the middle of the night, nothing open all the way home but a Mickey D's, so fogeddaboudit. Another 45 minutes to an hour. And you know what? No shaky feelings, no sweaty upper lip...I was FINE. Grabbed a slice of cheese at home, and hit the sheets...

And SO glad to be home!!

(Oh yeah, great fun to have EVERYBODY notice the weight loss since last time...25 lbs. and counting...)
    Last edited by Kate Ruckman; 03-31-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Well THAT was a good dinner...bison and bacon burgers on a mound of salad (carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, spinach, lettuce, green onions, all organic) dressed with a little sesame oil and vinegar, with a side of cooked spinach wilted in bacon grease. Loving this "diet."

GO ME. It's not about the numbers, it's not about the numbers, but nonetheless I am GLAD to have hopped off that long plateau! Dropped another couple of pounds...

Survived another family birthday full of chips, tortillas, cake and ice cream, too. Skipped them and went right for the meat, veggies, shrimp dip and decided to sketch rather than be in the room with dessert! Go me, again!

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
    JUST home from California in the wee hours this morning...tired but nowhere near as tired as I would have been pre-Primal. Yesterday was a crazy travel day, worthy of a Chevy Chase vacation or an Accidental Tourist...almost no time for eating. Early breakfast at a mom-and-pop, so I settled for two eggs, two links, no toast no hash browns. Thought we'd have time to eat again before our three hour flight, but traffic, getting lost, being delayed, and being at the wrong gate and racing for ours (they'd changed since our boarding passes were printed) took care of THAT time...so I nibbled jerky that I have learned to carry with me. And knocked out my front-tooth crown...I look like something out of HeeHaw! (You youngsters won't remember HeeHaw and I'm surprised I do 'cause I never actually SAW it, but hey. Or "hay," as the case may be...)

Anyway, I thought no prob, this time we'll spring for the on-the-plane snacky meals....I chose the fruit and cheese plate. Which they were out of, they announced up front. So I chose the chicken Caesar salad...which, by the time they got to our row near the back of the plane, they were out of. So...okay. All the way to Missouri, nothing open at the airport in the middle of the night, nothing open all the way home but a Mickey D's, so fogeddaboudit. Another 45 minutes to an hour. And you know what? No shaky feelings, no sweaty upper lip...I was FINE. Grabbed a slice of cheese at home, and hit the sheets...

And SO glad to be home!!

(Oh yeah, great fun to have EVERYBODY notice the weight loss since last time...25 lbs. and counting...)
    I LOVE the image of hee-haw! and enjoy your posts

Thank you! I try to entertain myself, and I'm always glad if someone else has fun too!
    Best--
    Kate

PrimalCon New York
    OK, this is kind of ironic...one of the things I love about Primal/Paleo is that really, it's pretty simple. It's not a tricky diet where you eat this amount of that, and limit the other to 2 calories' worth, and make sure you get 3 cups of that...

It's not time sensitive. It's not a DIET, it's a life.

And what do I see all over the place from primal authors? The 6-week plan for this, lose this much in 4 weeks with this plan, track your doodads to make sure you are within the plan. I think people LIKE rules and rigid parameters.

Did I mention I DON'T??

Meh! I love the Drs. Eades, but I am NOT going to go on the new 6-week count-everything plan. I'm reading it, absorbing what works for me, but keeping my head on straight! (For me. Maybe others can deal with it, but I'm not great with count this, measure that...)
    Best--
    Kate

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast