Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Still craving pterodactyl...Kate's Primal Journal page 5

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OK. This isn't Paleo (really) but would someone PLEASE remind me I'm not a good committee person?? Auuuuugh. Rules. Guidelines. Maddening ideas that make you go "the HECK???" It's enough to drive a person to peanut butter and jelly toast. Almost. Good darn thing there's no bread in the house.

And I agreed to another term on the board...WHY??

Whewf. Trying to remember that whole reduce stress thing...not sure if this committee business fits under Rule 2, Avoid poisonous things, or #10 USE YOUR BRAIN.
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
    ...not sure if this committee business fits under Rule 2, Avoid poisonous things, or #10 USE YOUR BRAIN.
    both
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

SO true. Good grief...
    Best--
    Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Well, crud. My sinus draining morphed into a cold, after all. Zinc and chicken soup (no, not IN chicken soup!), turmeric, Gypsy Cold Care tea, and curry powder for me...

However, I have lost a little more weight, which is cool...
    Best--
    Kate

It IS possible to eat out without going bonkers, though. We helped my godson move today and left before the pizza (ok, we RAN AWAY, there's only so much you can take!). Stopped by a Mexican food place on the way home...the grilled shrimp salad was to DIE for! I just skipped the chips and the croutons in the salad and the rest was GREAT. Of course I am insane about shrimp...
    Best--
    Kate

WHOA!! I am a Primal chickie now, for SURE. I PASSED UP PEEPS. Easter's coming, I've had Peeps ever since I was a kid (and dinosaurs roamed the earth), and I didn't even WANT them.
    Best--
    Kate

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    man you just made me want s'mores hehe, but I know the graham crackers would be disappointing. Melted peeps & dribbly chocolate mmmmm
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Definitely disappointing, I'll bet! I can't stand milk chocolate any more...hurts my throat! Just tastes SWEEEEET, not chocolate.

Making my hungry for my husband's home made dark chocolate truffles, though...<G>
    Best--
    Kate

Big on salads and vegetables lately...I've sort of plateau'd (I know, I'm supposed to throw the scales away, but so far haven't managed that....) and I'm ready to have another nice drop. So cutting back the sunflower seeds, upping the fish, and having lots more vegetables. Feels good, anyway, I'll let you know how it goes!
    Best--
    Kate

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    SO. Life has been nuts lately, teaching a HUGE online class, lots of technical issues both with the class and with another aspect of my business. Can we say STRESS? So guess what helped, today? Two cups of chamomile tea (the first one with a little honey in it) and a B-12 vitamin. Plus some R & R, away from the computer...
    Best--
    Kate

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast