Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Still craving pterodactyl...Kate's Primal Journal page 4

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    I want to try everything in the Primal Blueprint cookbook! Well, almost, anyway. Still not sure about sweetbreads...

Just had a terrific steak (grass fed, natch), organic beet greens and kale with bacon grease and vinegar, and grilled tomatoes stuffed with herbs and topped with Parmesan cheese...life is GOOD.

Lost another inch off my waist, too. I'm not exactly Scarlett O'Hara here, but I'm one inch closer anyway!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
    I'm not exactly Scarlett O'Hara here, but I'm one inch closer anyway!
    That cracked me up.

Hey, Panda! Good to hear from you, yours was one of the first blogs I read, and it's a hoot! Primal with a side of FABULOUS is a great attitude.
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

I eat strange stuff...good, though, and satisfying. For late breakfast/brunch I had what was left of the fish filet (marinated in white Worcestershire sauce, EVOO and fresh garlic) and the leftover greens from last night...a little kale and some beet greens, hot with bacon grease and sea salt. GOOD...
    Best--
    Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Middle Eastern food ROCKS. Lunch at the Marrakech Cafe today, we asked them to skip the rice and bring extra vegetables instead. OMG, we each got a big PLATTER of really good vegetables, mildly spicy, lemony--cabbage, onions, green pepper, tomato, with mint or parsley or both. I had chicken kabob, Joseph had the mixed grill and we shared. Yeah, this is SUCH a tough diet, poor me, wah.

And my sweet husband told me it was obvious there's a lot less of me now. I'm liking this just fine!
    Best--
    Kate

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Inspiring, that's what you are. Keep up the good work and telling us about it!

mommymd

Thank you, mommymd. I live to inspire! Actually I had a computer meltdown a couple of weeks ago or I would have been MORE chatty. Finally back to semi-normal!
    Best--
    Kate

And oh, by the way, what was cool about Joseph telling me I was noticeably thinner (and last night liking my smaller waist, too) is that he's always thought I was a sexy chickie, even when I weighed 25 lbs. more, before starting PB. He's never complained or criticized, so his delight and encouragement is even sweeter...

AND he's the main cook in the family, and makes sure I have what I need the way I need it, despite the fact that he's not quite as Paleo as I am. I think I'll keep him.
    Best--
    Kate

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Another good day...sketching at Bass Pro Shops with friends, early dinner after: blackened shrimp, crab cake, and cod, plus broccoli with butter. Skipped the bread and the rice...and brought plenty home for tomorrow. (Hardboiled egg, pickled beets, nitrite and nitrate free ham and a bit of mustard earlier. Weird brunch...)

My weakness, alas, is a snack of sunflower seeds...somebody here called them (and nuts) Paleo Doritos and it really fits. I don't think I eat as many as they call a "serving" (who serves sunflower seeds, anyway??), but even though we remove part of the salt, it's more than I need.
    Best--
    Kate

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast