So, being sort of obsessed with all aspects of food, I, of course, cook obsessively. This meant that going PB meant giving up some astoundingly delicious recipes in favor of, you know, health and stuff.

Now that I have a handle (mostly) on this whole primal eating thing, I've been going back through my recipes and reworking them to be gluten/grain/sugar/bean/bad stuff - free.

This one was my most requested dish. I had to make it for everything, so I was never without a supply around the house. I now give my Primal version over to you, dear children of Grok.

Please note, this is not for those of you who are off the nightshades, as you'll find out momentarily.

1/3 cup olive oil
Enough Almond flour to make a roux (aprx 1 cup)
6-8 garlic cloves, chopped fine
2 teaspoon salt
1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes or Blanch, peel, and crush your own.
(optional)1 small can tomato paste (or make your own. this is for added thickness)
2-3 red bell peppers stemmed, seeded, halved, and pre-roasted.
2 Tbsp smoked paprika (preferred)
5 Tbsp red wine vinegar
*1lb Grass Fed Ground Beef (optional)
*1 bunch kale, chopped (optional)
*1lb chopped mushrooms (optional)

Preheat oven to 400°F. While it is preheating remove stem and seeds from red bell peppers, slice peppers in half length-wise and place cut-side down on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place in oven and roast until flesh is tender and skin has turned black in places. Aprx 15min

Remove bell peppers from oven and allow to cool then chop very finely.

Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, stir in the almond flour until a paste (roux) is formed (the thicker the roux the thicker your sauce). Spread the paste evenly on the bottom of the skillet and allow to cook, stirring often, until it just begins to brown. Add the garlic and sauté another 1 minute until it smells insanely good.

Add the remaining ingredients—salt, tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, smoked paprika, vinegar. Allow to simmer until thickened and aromatic (aprx 5-8 min) (At this point you can also add your optional ingredients to make more of a spaghetti w/out the pasta.)

The consistency should be between spaghetti sauce and hummus. You can add extra almond flour or arrow root powder if you prefer it thicker.

To use romesco sauce: mix with shrimp, chicken or vegetables either before or after they are cooked, much like you would a pesto. Use as a dip for fresh veggies, a topping/sauce for steak, a marinade for chicken to be baked/poached. Topping for eggs...etc You get the point. This stuff goes with everything.

Kept in a sealed container, Romesco sauce will last for a week or more in the fridge. It freezes well, too. (YMMV depending on if you've added meat and veg to the actual sauce.)

Warning: This stuff is crazy addictive and transitions easily into comfort food. Consume with caution