Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Iodine & Healthy Thyroid Function part 1 page 4

jkilbane is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I don't mean to threadjack, but what does it mean if you have a tingly feeling in your neck right behind the adam's apple? It feels like something is going on there. Sometimes it feels like my heartbeat is in that location. Thanks for your help

pseudoyams is offline Junior Member

Im skeptical of the NRT stuff as well. Doesnt hurt to try it out though. I tried holding the kelp tabs with no results. Lastnight I tried the cell phone over the heart thing. No difference...even with two cell phones.

Needless, Im still interested in what you have to say about the thyroid, Mickey.

-Rob

dr mickey g Guest

jkilbane: "I don't mean to threadjack, but what does it mean if you have a tingly feeling in your neck right behind the adam's apple? It feels like something is going on there. Sometimes it feels like my heartbeat is in that location. Thanks for your help"

How often do you experience it? Any triggers, certain times of day? Indoor/outdoor? The thyroid and the heart have an interesting relationship so I don't doubt "feeling the heartbeat" so close to the thyroid...need more info, though!

@dr mickey

I experience it daily. Sometimes when I have not eaten for a while, like 15ish hrs. I notice it most when trying to fall asleep. I'm eating VLC right now and drink 2 cups of coffee daily. Perhaps that could have some bearing on it? I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning as well. Thanks for your time

dr mickey g Guest

jkilbane,

what are you doing not eating for 15 hours!!??

I just eat when I'm hungry. This 15 hrs is mostly time spent asleep. I don't feel even slightly hungry until 2pm or later most days

hazyjane is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I just read a fabulous book about Hashimoto's:

http://www.thyroidbook.com/

This doc approaches it not so much as a thyroid issue but rather an immune system problem. He identifies which immune pathway (TH-1 or TH-2) is dominant and traets that and he has also found that 95% of his Hashimoto's patients are gluten sensitive/intolerant.

Apparently, TPO resembles gluten molecules and when the immune system goes after the gluten, it also goes after the TPO in the thyroid and damages the thyroid in the process. Since iodine increases TPO production, it can accelerate the damage.

Just eating gluten once can cause an inflammatory response that lasts up to 8 months!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234