Thread: Am I Doing it Right? page

donnieR32 is offline Member

Am I Doing it Right?

Shop Now
    Been eating what I perceive to be primal for about 12 days now. Usually eat a 2 or 3 egg omelet with a BUNCH of spinach. Banana for a snack, then a huge salad with chicken I usually use olive oil and vinegar as dressing. Dinner is usually some sort of fish with a mountain of vegetables. It's not uncommon for me to have some almonds as a snack here and there. So, what are some thoughts? I feel fine, I've lost some weight, and even changed up my workout to include a kettlebell routine.

ETA: I also take Ultra Man Max supplement from Vitamin World.
    Last edited by donnieR32; 12-19-2011 at 06:35 AM.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Looks great. I'd personally ditch the snacks and eat bigger meals, and maybe more fat, but if it's working for you that's what counts. How are your energy levels? Sleep?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    Looks great. I'd personally ditch the snacks and eat bigger meals, and maybe more fat, but if it's working for you that's what counts. How are your energy levels? Sleep?
    It's often that those eggs are coupled with a piece or two of bacon. Also, the veggies are cooked in oil and or butter. Not to mention steak, shrimp, and oysters are consumed on a weekly basis. I assume there's fat in all of those right? Energy is good, I am definitely back to my old self of being very active and a busy body. Sleep is still tricky for me. I have a difficult time falling asleep, but that's been an ongoing thing.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried taking Natural Calm at night?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    Have you tried taking Natural Calm at night?
    No, I used to take melatonin. Actually, I planned to again this week. Problem for me is I work a rotating schedule so for the next two weeks I work day shifts so I need to be asleep by 9 to get up at 330. Yeah, brutal.

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    My diet sounds like the same as your man. but i do eat alot of fats too avo,bacon,macadamian nuts

Flower is offline Member
    I too follow a primal diet to lose my weight, this is my 8th day and i am feeling great now but i love milk and all diary products, so i dont want to avoid them. I am still having a glass of milk during the night hours and i love curd very much. Is it fine if i have diary products in my diet plan or should i avoid it completely?

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    I too follow a primal diet to lose my weight, this is my 8th day and i am feeling great now but i love milk and all diary products, so i dont want to avoid them. I am still having a glass of milk during the night hours and i love curd very much. Is it fine if i have diary products in my diet plan or should i avoid it completely?
    It depends. If you are meeting your goals and not having any problems from it, go ahead and enjoy your milk. Just keep in mind that should you ever stall out in your weight loss, milk (or sometimes all dairy) is one of the primary causes of that.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    For falling asleep issues, I have found that making a routine that lasts about 30 minutes that I follow in exact order every time it is time for me to go to bed helped immensely. It includes getting dressed and cleaned up, taking meds/vitamins, fluffing the pillows, etc.

Then I wear a pair of head band headphones (tooks have flat ear buds in theirs) and listen to a sleep meditation that lasts about 30 minutes. At first I would hear the whole thing and sometimes even listened to it twice, but as time went on my body learned the routine and now within about 10 minutes of the start of the meditation I am asleep. If I wake up during the night and don't fall right back to sleep then I listen to the meditation again.

I assume it goes without saying that your room should be as dark as humanly possible (or wear an eye mask), nice and cool, and a fan or white noise machine doesn't hurt.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    For falling asleep issues, I have found that making a routine that lasts about 30 minutes that I follow in exact order every time it is time for me to go to bed helped immensely. It includes getting dressed and cleaned up, taking meds/vitamins, fluffing the pillows, etc.

Then I wear a pair of head band headphones (tooks have flat ear buds in theirs) and listen to a sleep meditation that lasts about 30 minutes. At first I would hear the whole thing and sometimes even listened to it twice, but as time went on my body learned the routine and now within about 10 minutes of the start of the meditation I am asleep. If I wake up during the night and don't fall right back to sleep then I listen to the meditation again.

I assume it goes without saying that your room should be as dark as humanly possible (or wear an eye mask), nice and cool, and a fan or white noise machine doesn't hurt.
    Sounds like great advice. Because I work nights sometimes I have room darkening shades so very little light makes it into my bedroom.