Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Food Pics page

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I'm going to be posting my primal food pics in this album before I put the recipes in my blog:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elegantemily/sets/72157620290257223/

So far there's step-by-step homemade breakfast sausage, turkey burger w/tomato and avocado and asparagus with hollandaise, and tonight's dinner: shrimp and green beans (coconutty limey)

Let me know what you think, and post your primal food pic links here too.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Everything looks delicious! What are the spices you use in the sausage?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

sage, salt, pepper, brown sugar (only 1 T for 2 pounds so it's not much), thyme, cloves... i think that was it. Plus the onions that I sauteed in bacon grease. mmmm.

The meat is ground pork.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

And thank you btw.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Btw--I noticed in another post that you said you found coconut oil at the commisary. We're at Bragg (I've never looked for it in a store) and thought I'd give the commy a shot before trying Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. What area did you find it in? The natural food area or the international section? Thanks!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I actually think it was with the other cooking oils... it was on the same aisle at least. Same aisle as vinegars, dressings, etc... I thought for sure it'd be with international stuff (which is where the coconut milk is).

Just made a new section for my blog called "primal recipes."

http://www.joyfulabode.com/blog/category/primal-recipes/

Right now it's just the recipes that I already had written up... the ones that were primal or mostly primal (a few have dairy or a bit of brown sugar, but they're mostly good).

More recipes coming quite soon!

added some more pics to my flickr. berries and cream w/cinnamon, and walnut-crusted chicken breasts.

Riceball Guest

yummmmmmmmm

I can't take it anymore... ur pictures are so alluring!

haha, riceball. What're you gonna do about it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast