Thread: Traditional Chinese Medicine diet ?? page

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member

Traditional Chinese Medicine diet ??

Shop Now
    Found this, seems very close to primal minus the beans and corn
    Traditional Chinese Medicine - Dietary Principles - Dampness, Foods to Tonify Yang / Yin - Comox Valley Acupuncture

One thing I noticed though is the avoidance of cold food/drink and raw veggies.
    Anyone on here know about Chinese Medicine food ?

Claraflo is offline Member
    Everything has its place and I'm sure that there is useful stuff in this discipline. However we are talking about the cultural group with the worst breath on the planet. Dont believe me? Just sit in the middle of a Chinese tour group on an airliner. The unique combination of stale air, proximity and people sleeping with their mouths open will confirm. I can only describe the odour as smelling very agricultural. In fact, exactly like a feedlot.

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Claraflo View Post
    Everything has its place and I'm sure that there is useful stuff in this discipline. However we are talking about the cultural group with the worst breath on the planet. Dont believe me? Just sit in the middle of a Chinese tour group on an airliner. The unique combination of stale air, proximity and people sleeping with their mouths open will confirm. I can only describe the odour as smelling very agricultural. In fact, exactly like a feedlot.
    Doesn't sound like a fun plane ride at all

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I was seeing a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner who was also a Naturopathic Doctor for several years. I originally went for constipation issues, and aside from putting me on probiotics and giving me accupuncture, she explained that TCM does not recommend eating raw veggies, as they are very difficult for the digestive system to deal with - I had been eating LOTS of salads at that point - (Her analogy was: Think of a pot of boiling water. Add a bag of cold veggies to it, and what happens? The water stops boiling until it can raise in temperature again. This is what is happening in your stomach when you eat raw/cold stuff; your system has to work twice as hard to deal with it)

I don't believe in everything TCM has to say about food, but I did notice that I feel significantly better when I lightly steam veggies vs. eating them raw. Since I stop refrigerating my drinking water and drink it at room temp, now I noticed that ice water gives me a stomachache. I think TCM has some good points and you can take from it what makes sense for you.