Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Ulcer, super high sugar diet! page 2

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks, Silky! I know what you were thinking. I don't think you can have a level of commitment without a level of belief first.

"Permission" strikes me as saying "Yeah whatever dude. Fine, you can buy it if it makes you happy, but I still think you're a wacked-up nutzoid." Of course he's not going to commit, if that's his thinking. And can we blame him for thinking that way, after 30 years of being fed CW, much of it in elementary school? Heck, there are still plenty of people who think that Grok rode a T. Rex to church on Sunday to partake of the Bread of Christ.

At the moment, I'm trying to convince a friend to go Primal. He's highly intelligent, but CW is hard to crack, and it will be a jump for him. I started him on Good Calories Bad Calories (he likes complex books). I'm hoping to crack his CW with the sheer weight of Taubes' intellect. After that I'll put him on Fathead to give him a refresher on GCBC, and to show him that CW was essentially made up out of whole cloth, and therefore he doesn't have to feel guilty for abandoning CW. Only then, if my friend is still with me, would I dare to pull out PB and MDA.
    Last edited by oxide; 12-19-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    I have a colleague recently diagnosed with diabetes. I asked if I could send him some info and he agreed, but I'm pretty sure he didn't read it.

The last conversation we had on the subject ended with him saying "but why would the diabetes association tell me something that wasn't true?" and saying he would stick to their handbook because "they know best".

At least he is trying. I just hate seeing all that misdirected energy.

I'm doing my best not to give advice on diet until I am a good example myself. Medication and stress sent me in the wrong direction this autumn, but am back on it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12