Thread: Monster Energy Drink page

Monster Energy Drink

Hello,
    My husband has been saying that theses drinks are not bad for you. The bottle states all natural vitamins and energy. So, to you i post this, how bad is this drink really?

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    CARBONATED WATER, GLUCOSE, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, TAURINE, SODIUM CITRATE, COLOR ADDED, PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT, L-CARNITINE, CAFFEINE, SORBIC ACID, BENZOIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLUCURONOLACTONE, INOSITOL, GUARANA SEED EXTRACT, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, SUCRALOSE, RIBOFLAVIN, MALTODEXTRIN, CYANOCOBALAMIN.
    200 calories with 54g of sugar in the can with a nice hit of coloring and artificial sweetener. Most of the chemical ingredients in there are vitamins. Whether they're 'natural' is debatable. I'd rather just eat some food.

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    Vegetable oils are natural as well. But they need to be chemicly extracted. Same go's for sugar.

Everything is probably poisonous if you get to much of it in your system. Even an overdose on vitamins can be unhealthy. This is nothing to worry about because nature provides it in ways that you can never eat or drink that much of something for it to become bad instead of good for you. Chemical extraction changes this. Thats why primal states eating whole foods and as least produced foods as possible.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Robb Wolf addressed the 5-hr energy drinks in his most recent podcast...last question at the very end....you may want to give it a listen. Like with most things, they're aren't ideal and the poison is probably in the dose/frequency.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    I used to LOVE sugar free Rock Star! One was ok but two sped up my heart beat so I gave them up entirely.

Sidebar: Did you know that Rock Star Energy Drink was invented by the son of talk radio star Michael Savage?
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    yes on both counts - like it + i knew it was invented/marketed by savage's son.

i need to stop with the rock star, but it is a terrible habit - on the way to a bike ride, it's just become a habit. Def need to lay off it though. Just pour it into a glass & check out the color - that's enough to know that either it's a bunch of vitamins etc that you don't really need or a bunch of weird chemical colors.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    poison in a can- eww
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    It's made out of mostly Carbon, Hydrogen, and Oxygen. Perfectly good for you as long as your digestive system performs nuclear fusion.

evilsaywhat is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    200 calories with 54g of sugar in the can with a nice hit of coloring and artificial sweetener. Most of the chemical ingredients in there are vitamins. Whether they're 'natural' is debatable. I'd rather just eat some food.
    Did you assume she meant the green can? There's the blue can & import with barely any sugar.

I'm not a fan of carbonated beverages, so every now & then I'll have a "Monster Rehab" which is a few grams of sugar, no carbonation, and tastes like Lemonade Tea.