Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeping outside page 2

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I spent 6 months of my life sleeping outside daily. I got so used to it that I couldn't stand to sleep indoors at all. I also slept with minimal cushioning and no pillow. I couldn't stand having a pillow anymore. It took a lot of adjusting to get used to the regular way again once I returned home. I would sleep outside more often at home now, but my partner would think I was strange plus we get a lot of dew where we live.

You know what would be awesome would be to build a platform in one of our backyard trees and sleep up there once in a while. That would be great.
    Why don't you do it? Life is short and you know you love to sleep outside. In a tree would be even better I think.

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    My mother grew up sleeping on a sleeping porch in Maryland in the 1940s. It had originally become a custom to prevent tuberculosis. She liked it so much that they had a murphy bed installed on a screened porch in the 1970s. But it takes some getting used to--the outdoors is noisy.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I spent 6 months of my life sleeping outside daily. I got so used to it that I couldn't stand to sleep indoors at all. I also slept with minimal cushioning and no pillow. I couldn't stand having a pillow anymore. It took a lot of adjusting to get used to the regular way again once I returned home. I would sleep outside more often at home now, but my partner would think I was strange plus we get a lot of dew where we live.

You know what would be awesome would be to build a platform in one of our backyard trees and sleep up there once in a while. That would be great.
    Do it!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    That's it.

Project #83 -Turn back porch into an extra bedroom. I like the Murphy bed idea.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Funny to find this post as I've been thinking the same thing. I have been "craving" sleeping outside.

We live part of each week in a house we built on an old farm. There, we have a small, captive balcony and I plan to sleep on it. The only reason I haven't done so yet is my husband begs me to wait until we have the balusters installed. He has a good point. That first step is a lu lu.

I'm anxious to do it though and am glad he cares!

Just do it!

mercop is offline Member
    I like cold weather and wear a kilt year round. I also camp year round.

I lost 40 lbs last summer fall and then fell off the Primal wagon. Climbed back on today and to celebrate I head for the woods tomorrow night to hang in my hammock. The low will be 25 degrees. - George

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    I love camping - I hate having to find the loo at 2am!

I sleep in my nice comfy bed but I cannot sleep withou the window open no matter how cold and it has been quite cold recently. The only horror is getting out of my warm pit into a cold bedroom
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Lorimer is offline Junior Member
    Nice blog information sleeping is important for every person because in sleeping time all day in our body which type of broken in this time these things are constructed. Relax and best place is best for sleeping because in this place we easily sleep. I like this topic and information which increase my knowledge.

intothewild is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yup. At the same time I would like to lay in my quictent hammock in the backyard. Listen to the old music and sway into dream under the stary sky. That's unforgetable. I love my hammock. I love the summer nights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12