Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: nuttmegs17 journal page 2

nuttmegs17 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    River Neighbor:

http://chriskresser.com/inflammation-strikes-again
    http://chriskresser.com/low-t3-syndr...never-heard-of

In the first he talks about leptin and thyroid and in the second he talks about autoimmune hypopituitarism....interesting

My doc is trigger happy with the predisone too so will want to ensure I understand everything that is going on.

Def sticking to the leptin protocol ...and autoimmune paleo protol until further notice...

River Neighbor:

Low T3 syndrome III: it’s all about inflammation
    Low T3 Syndrome IV: an autoimmune disease you’ve never heard of?

In the first he talks about leptin and thyroid and in the second he talks about autoimmune hypopituitarism....interesting

My doc is trigger happy with the predisone too so will want to ensure I understand everything that is going on.

Def sticking to the leptin protocol ...and autoimmune paleo protol until further notice...

RiverNeighbor is offline Senior Member
    I would work to find root cause of the high levels, then work on what to do. Given your high levels you want to make sure that Dr. rules out (I prefer to think of ruling things out than testing to see if I have something that doesn't sound good). Okay, anway... I would make sure Dr. works to rule out ACTH secreting tumor and 21-hydroxylase deficiency (see right column on pg 607 about CAH http://www.goodhormonehealth.com/adrenal-cecils.pdf).

Just take one step at a time and it will all come together.

You know, the interesting thing is our symptoms are so similar but our lab tests are so different! Goes to show how important doing the testing is I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by nuttmegs17 View Post
    River Neighbor:

You know, I just read these over the weekend. I am actually going hardcore autoimmune diet as soon as I can get to the grocery (eggs are my breakfast until I get to the grocery). Plus I have been eating nuts here and there, some dairy, and hot sauce (nightshades), tons of eggs.

I think it's a good idea to be cautious with the prednisone. And the good thing is at least here you have some people to bounce your Dr.'s ideas around with. Hard thing is that sometimes one gets intense, conflicting, advice.

Okay, I've been typing and also chasing kids around house :-)
    Didn't get all thought out...
    SO, I wanted to make sure to say that the two things i mentioned are RARE and don't get too caught up in them - just adding ideas for you to check out and to rule out.

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Got my first set of labs in. This was a hodge podge panel bundle from lapcorp "female hormone panel" that was on sale a bit ago

This was drawn on the 4th day of my cycle. Thank you for any input
    C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac 60.77 HIGH mg/L 0.00-3.00
    Fibrinogen Activity 424 HIGH mg/dL 193-423

Estradiol 56.9 pg/mL 01Adult Female:Follicular phase 12.5 - 166.0
    Testosterone, Serum 49 HIGH ng/dL 8-48 01
    Free Testosterone(Direct) 1.1 pg/mL 0.0-2.2 02
    DHEA-Sulfate 354.3 HIGH ug/dL 98.8-340.0

It would help to have
    pregnenolone
    progesterone

Last edited by JanSz; 12-20-2011 at 03:25 PM.

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    River Neighbor:

realthyroidhelp.com • View forum - Hypopituitary
    one of the best reference sites for hypopit out there. if you read the FAQ he lists all the appropriate tests etc

if you have ever been in a serious accident, hit your head badly or lost a ton of blood there is a possibility of hypopit.

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    double post

Quote Originally Posted by maile1 View Post
    realthyroidhelp.com • View forum - Hypopituitary
    one of the best reference sites for hypopit out there. if you read the FAQ he lists all the appropriate tests etc

if you have ever been in a serious accident, hit your head badly or lost a ton of blood there is a possibility of hypopit.

ok, don't think any of those apply to me then - no accident etc thank you for the references, I'll keep them handy

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...2345-1281.html

Posting this so I don't forget it (From Quelson on monster leptin thread)

VKiernan

Only a logical thinking person here. take what i say with a healthy dose of "i bet he has no clue"

#1 Time released. you dont NEED it but you do need to make certain you are getting "dosed" at least every 12 hours if not every 6. Why you ask? due to the action of the Deiodinases 1 and 3. both have lives measured in hours not minutes like Di2*. So while you want the action of Di1 all the time, you want to suppress the action of Di3 as much as possible.
    To my mind this also means that feedings need to be about 12 hours apart for maximal suppression of Di3. ( now how this argument will affect an IF of +12 I have no idea yet)

2. Reverse T3 Clearance. Ok so what leads to rT3 is conversion of t4 to rt3 and POSSIBLY the conversion of T2 to rT3 ( but I cannot confirm that). So you want to stop making t4. which means getting your pituitary to realize you dont need it. Labs will tell you is you have gotten your TSH low enough as your free t4 will drop and your t3 will be high.

So using my labs as an example you can see that i am dosing enough daily to suppress my pituitary making the T4. I still have a bit of T4 in my body and you can see it is being converted to rt3 with a vengeance. As my system is still wack and i am Keto and i personally know i am under eating ( insulin levels must fall) the body will see me needing a break/halt/slowdown and enforce the conversion. However my exogenous t3 is boosting my t3 levels to the upper ranges in both free and total.

The key will be deactivating the rt3 which is actually just thyroid hormone that is unused. it isn't blocking any action. It is telling you that you are in a condition of negative energy production, ie conservation, ie gaining.

So what we want is to have a method for returning the energy equation to balance. this is where the Di's come in to play. they ultimately control what your body does with Thyroid Hormone. Stimulate Di2 and suppress Di3 and you are golden... That means eat sufficient real food on a regular basis. get enough Selenium ( ultra critical, end of discussion, not optional, period) Zinc and Cobalt and cysteine protease for your body to work with.

Also know this work will not in happen in a vacuum and you must figure out which other parts of wack. for me that is
    Energy production, energy consumption, and reproductive hormones. Stress I have worked 5 years to manage and i feel i am optimal at stress management.

Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH) (0.47-5.01 uIU/mL) : 0.01

Thyroxine (T4), Free, Direct, Serum (0.71-1.85 ) : 0.90
    Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum (2.0-4.4 pg/mL) : 3.9

Thyroxine (T4) (4.50-12.00 ug/dL) : 3.88
    Triiodothyronine (T3) (71-180 ng/dL ) : 127

Reverse T3 (90-350 pg/mL) : 329
    RT3 Ratio ( total t3 / rt3 ): 3.9

* to avoid confusion with Vitamin D3 I will attempt to use vD3 for the vitamin and Di# for the deiodinases. that way if i ever used them both in a sentence ( and watch , it is bound to happen just he other day i used exogenous AND De Novo without thinking)

Williams Textbook of endocrinology 12 edition
    Page 338.
    D2 has a half-life of only 20 to 30 minutes, whereas that of D1 and D3 is more than 12 hours. This is due to the rapid ubiquitination of D2, a process that is accelerated by interaction with its substrate T4 or rT3. D1 and D3 are not thought to be ubiquitinated.
    Interestingly, it has been demonstrated that leptin, an adipocyte-derived hormone that is diminished in food deprivation, modulates the 5′-deiodinases in different tissues depending on the energetic status (Cabanelas et al. 2006). Leptin was shown to exert direct peripheral effects on deiodinase activity, positively regulating liver, kidney, and pituitary D1 activity in fed animals (Cabanelas et al. 2006).
    Last edited by quelsen; 12-24-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

New body ongoing......
    Optimum Health ( phsyically , mentally, spitirually, emotionally ) powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
    quelsen@gmail.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast