Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready to give up, need help. page

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Ok, so it's been a month of primal and I am almost at wits end. While I feel pretty good overall my energy level is still bad. Mid afternoons I am ready for a nap. My wife is experiencing the same low energy and is also ready to give up. We need some support and suggestions to hang in.

Thanks

Steve

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

What does a typical day look like, food and exercise-wise?

For me it's:

Wake up at 4:15 and have a pre-workout drink. Workout (P90X) at 5:00 followed by a recovery drink. Breakfast=4 eggs w/spinach, 2-3 slices bacon. Snack= protein drink. Lunch B.A. salad. Another snack of protein drink. Dinner meat and veggies. Maybe a protein drink before bed at 9:00. Average day is about 2,400 calories, 200 g protein, 150 carb and 90 or so fats.

Edit: usually a banana and an apple in there somewhere too.

Mr.M is offline Senior Member

You're eating kind of frequently - I count 8 times you're intaking food (counting drinks).

Sounds kind of stressful, if you ask me. Try IF'ing (but not reducing your calories), you might like it and find your energy levels feel higher.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

wow - let's just say I'm a little girl not doing much exercise and eating roughly half the calories you eat (maybe 2/3) and I eat more fat than you do EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Up the fat and see if you feel better.

I doubt you need 200g of protein so if you want to cut some of that out in order to add in the fat, that'd be a good place to start.

You can add fat to your protein shakes easily by splashing in some coconut milk or cream... also make sure you cook your eggs in fat (butter or bacon grease or coconut oil), use a good amount of salad dressing (EVOO based is good) on your BAS.

Cook your meat in fat if it's a lean cut - leave the skin on if there's skin, use fat with your veggies (cook in coconut oil or bacon grease or something, or steam and top with EVOO or butter and salt.)

Your food will be so much more flavorful with added fat too, so that's an added perk.

And Mr. M is right - there's no need to be eating that frequently unless you are truly hungry that frequently. And if you're hungry THAT often that's probably a sign that you're missing something -- like fat. haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

FYI, I'm 48 (49 on the 20th) 6'5 185 lbs 8-10% bf. So losing weight is not my goal.

CTU Guest

Ditto on the FAT! I was at wits end with borderline depression when I was not eating enough fat.....by zone standards, you aren't eating but about 10 blocks especially since your protein is really lean stuff. Double the fat intake at minimum.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

IFing isn't about losing weight if that's what you're concerned about (or it doesn't have to be anyway)... it's just about listening to your body. If you're not hungry, why eat? If you're hungry, eat.

But like I said - if you're truly hungry that often it makes me think you're not getting in enough fat. That and that you said you eat 90g of fat a day...

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Digestion seems to sap energy sometimes (at least for me.) I never feel quite as energized as I do between meals. Maybe try 3 substantial meals instead of several small ones for a while. See how it makes ya feel? If feeling hungry is a problem, I agree with adding a bit more fat to the meals.

CTU Guest

Given your measurements....you could triple the fat.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast