Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Fats?? page

Les Guest

Ok so Im aware that Evoo, flax oil and walnut are good choices to eat, but which one would you guys recommend for daily salads?

I just started increasing my intake of EVOO daily to my salads because the scale will not budge and Im sure that im not eating enough cals in a day....will this make me gain weight? Im trying to loose weight. any ideas? and how much? Im female, 5'8, 176lbs.

After growing up with an eating disorder im trying to push the "fat is bad" idea out of my mind.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

For salads I usually just do equal parts EVOO & balsamic vinegar. Yummy!

My 3 favorite sources of fat are EVOO, avocados, and pork fat. Pork fat is pure heaven.

Darthash is offline Senior Member

I like to have EVOO and avo.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

EVOO is my salad oil of choice - I like it with balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, and some salt.

Avocado in your salad = yum too. Then you'd have 2 of DR's favorites. Add bacon for all 3. hahahaha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Les Guest

Yes but how much is too much EVOO in a day? how about 3 TBS?

Rozsa Guest

I've heard Sally Fallon say a couple times that if you're having trouble losing weight, minimizing monounsaturated fat and upping your saturated fat can get things going ..

I don't have any links at the moment, but I'm pretty sure she and Mary Enig explain it all in Eat Fat: Lose Fat.

Anecdotally, this seems to make a difference for me, too much pork, avocado, macadamia, etc. does stall fat loss in my case.

CTU Guest

I don't know how much protein and carbs you are eating in a salad, so maybe this will help with how much EVOO you should be eating. Maybe this will help...

Chef’s Salad

Ingredients

1 cup green-leaf lettuce (substitute lettuce of your choice), washed, dried, and

torn into large pieces

˝ cup chickpeas, drained, and rinsed

˝ cup button mushrooms, washed dried, and coarsely chopped

˝ cup celery, washed, dried, and coarsely chopped

4 teaspoons olive oil-and-vinegar dressing*

3 ounces deli-style turkey breast, cut into strips

1 ˝ ounces deli-style ham, cut into strips

1 ounce reduced-fat Swiss cheese (substitute any reduced-fat cheese), julienned

Lunch side dish

1 medium apple

Instructions: Toss lettuce with chickpeas, mushrooms, and celery. Dress, toss, and

add meat and cheese. Serve apple for dessert.

* oil-and-vinegar dressing for this meal contains 1 1/3 teaspoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons vinegar.

Extra vinegar may be added to taste.

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

The best fat is bacon fat.

Seriously, there's no competition here. I keep a jar of the stuff in the fridge and use it for cooking.

Les Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

CTU that salad doesnt sound primal to me at all...

I dont eat chick peas or reduced fat swiss....my salads usually contain like 4 big romaine leaves, a small plum tomato, 1/4 of a red pepper, half a cucumber, red onion.... a can of tuna or a breast of chicken...maybe a teaspoon of hemp seeds...so how much EVOO should I add to that?

and what about if i add 1 small apple to my dish?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast