Thread: Cutting back on Vitamin D page

BananaLeaf is offline Member

Cutting back on Vitamin D

Primal Fuel
    I joined the Vitamin D study at Grasssrootsheath and with my first test in June had a level of 25 ng/mL. I've been taking 10,000 IU of D3 daily since then and my recent test this December had a level of 118 ng/mL! I guess it's time to cut back.

I have read on this forum that falling D levels are possibly problematic so I would like to get my levels down around 60-70 and maintain that without any negative repercussions. I was thinking of cutting back to 4000 IU per day as I believe that every 1000 IU reduction should lower my levels by 10 ng/mL over time. Does this sound like a good plan, or will such a reduction drop my levels too quickly?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    D3 levels don't drop as precipitously when you have taken D3 as your supplement as opposed to D2. Also, D3 is fat soluble which helps to keep your levels a little more stable. I think your dosing plan seems very reasonable.

With D levels that high, make sure you are getting plenty of magnesium as well.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    And make sure you're not low on Vit A, as higher doses of Vit D competes with A for intake in the body.