Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breakfast ideas page 2

Suz Guest

@Adam Steer: Would you say the same about unsweetened whey protein powder? I'm thinking of making myself primal bars for when I'm on-the-go, but want to make them as primal as possible...

sammylou is offline Junior Member

@dckmb: regarding the coconut pancakes, i have been experimenting but they turned out pretty tasty the last time so i guess it's safe to post the recipe. i'll put it in the recipes forum so everyone can find it easily and make comments on any improvements. give me a few minutes and i'll post it now. hope you like!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

thanks a bunch!

Adam Steer Guest

@Suz

Any protein powder is a highly processed food. Good quality stuff without sweeteners and fillers is obviously a better choice. But it's still processed.

I have a good friend who is one of Canada's top coaches for "body competitors." He does a fair bit of testing as part of his process, and he tells me that protein powder is among the elements that comes up most for intolerance problems. And when you are eating something you're intolerant to, your body is going to protect itself. And one thing it's going to do is hold onto fat.

Mind you, the people he works with obviously eat LOTS of protein powder. So they're more likely to develop an intolerance. But I still think it's one of those things you have to be careful with. In moderation, in a pinch, it's probably a decent alternative (certainly better than a chocolate croissant for breakfast... LOL). But a bison T-bone on the BBQ with some brussels sprouts and a bit of brown basmati rice would be better (that's what I had this morning...).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Adam

Adam Steer Guest

PS I made an awesome bison pot roast in my pressure cooker earlier. That's what's for breaky tomorrow!

Conan Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

You might try egg protein if you are intolerant to whey. It's my understanding that you can get egg protein that is minimally processed and it's supposed to be cheaper than whey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12