Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can steroids(testosterone) help reboot my system page

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member

Can steroids(testosterone) help reboot my system

Primal Fuel
    this is a really touchy subject for me but something that ive thought on, i eat very strict paleo, no crap in the diet, live the lifestyle full tilt. I have sleeping problems,cortisol issues, low testosterone and gut irritation issues that just wont go away. I am just curious if i did a very high quality cycle to shoot up my testosterone, that the resulted benefits could possibly give my system that kick start it needs to get back on track. high test usually leads to better quality sleep,faster recovery, and im hoping the two together will help reduce my cortisol levels, which combined with the better sleep will hopefully help speed up the healing of wtv is irritating my gut still. ill admit from a psycological perspective it could help me as well, i have very tiny bone structure and its so hard for me to put on size, i am a personal trainer and its extremely demotivating for me to constantly have these huge swings in energy and such crap performance because of my problems, ive already tried dozens of diff variations of paleo and nothing has helped in any special way, im probably not going to do this cuz i hate steroids but i figure its worth asking about if anyone has any knowledge on it. btw, plz dont go on about my obv. not doing something right,or try this try that ive done everything its 2 years im fiddling with paleo. lol thanks in advance

dado Guest
    i don't think so bro, most likely your nuts will shrink.

Stevenhamley is offline Senior Member
    Your sleeping problems and gut irritation increase cortisol, then you have cortisol problems on top of that. Cortisol and testosterone use the same precursors so excessive cortisol will pull the purcursors away from sex hormones. Try to get on top of your problems. If you want to go the way of taking testoterone check out Robb Wolf's site and Chris Kresser's, both have good information on this subject.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codeguy View Post
    Also, remember that everything that makes you male (i.e. testoserone) also makes you age faster. Do you want to look like you are 60 when you are 40?--if not, stay away.
    Eh? Can you broaden this out a bit please?

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Do you drink coffee or eat cacao often? If so, cut back on your consumption of both. I recommend that you start taking maca -- either cooked or gelatinized maca. It supposedly helps to balance your body's production of various hormones, especially sex hormones. While I cannot verify that with any "science," I will say that I feel energized and alert when I take high-quality maca. Research it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenhamley View Post
    Your sleeping problems and gut irritation increase cortisol, then you have cortisol problems on top of that. Cortisol and testosterone use the same precursors so excessive cortisol will pull the purcursors away from sex hormones.
    I agree. Tackle this from the cortisol perspective and the testosterone will normalize itself. First of all, work on the sleep angle. What is it that is keeping you from getting your Zs? Shakespeare said that sleep "knits up the raveled sleeve of care". It also allows time and energy for healing your gut.
    Do you use any caffeine at all? You may be one of the sensitive ones who need to cut it out completely (like me). Have you already tried magnesium?

I really think sleep is the key.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    OP, go on over to Super Human Radio he talks about using hormones like testosterone to our benefit.
    Search - Super Human Radio - The World's First Broadcast Radio Show Dedicated to Human Performance

I just did a search over there for testosterone. I have just listened to a few of his podcasts but I know he is all for using testosterone.
    http://superhumanradio.com/about-shr.html
    Last edited by Sue; 12-15-2011 at 05:58 PM.

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    i have never drank coffee in my life..i used to eat some dark choc. but i stopped because the theobromine really hit me hard..probably cuz ive never drank any stimulants in my life...i shut off all light after 6..candles only..i do some stretches and try to meditate..i just seem to always wake up after 4-6 hrs ..usually 4 lol its darn frustrating..ive thought about trying maca! i heard robb wolf mention it in a podcast hmm..im going for blood work soon so hopefully ill know everything for sure! the steroids was never rlly an option i hate the stuff but im just so darn fed up lol i want to get back into my training full tilt to get some masss on me but i have to hold myself back because i know my sleep/cortisol issues will just screw me over in the end

Cal. is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalTatoolover View Post
    ... i want to get back into my training full tilt to get some masss on me but i have to hold myself back because i know my sleep/cortisol issues will just screw me over in the end
    Maybe your goals are screwing you up. What's wrong with having the ideal body mass to suit your frame (rather than having so much muscle you can't move properly)?

Have a look at Al Kavadlo's physique. I'd say he's close to his peak... but at 5'-11" he's only 160 lb.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Cal.; 12-17-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Pooks is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello, I am coming from the opposite direction as you, I have always been about performance, sports bulking up etc.. and just now I started the Primal Diet... anyways have you tried taking FREEZE DRIED NETTLES to try and raise your natural available amount of Testosterone?

other things that are good is, ZINC, MAGNESIUM... and also Celery...
    not to get to deep into things, but on the supplementation with drugs things, if you are attempting to kick start natural Testosterone, you would not want to use synthetic (manmade) that would shut you down and make you situation even worse...

You would want to look into HCG.. i know there is a big diet fad out there with HCG.. not sure what is real and what is fake out there, but you want the real stuff they give to women as a fertility drug... other option is this stuff called Clomid.. but with that I KNOW if you are on it for too long, it weakens your bones, something to do with lack of estrogen and bone loss.

BUT I DOUBT THOSE WILL WORK FOR YOU LONGTERM.. thats why I suggest Nettles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast