Thread: Any families eating two meals a day? page

Rainbird2 is offline Junior Member

Any families eating two meals a day?

Shop Now
    Hi All,

I'm a mom of three (ages 5, 3 and 1) and was wondering if anyone is feeding their family 2 meals a day? Is this healthy for growing kids? Sometimes if I feed them a huge breakfast, usually late, around 10:30 a.m. they don't want to eat until dinner. I try not to feed them so late, but the 1 year old keeps me up at night and we wake up late. Once we are done with chores and cooking in the a.m., it's 10:30 - 11:00 before we eat. I know...terrible. The 5 year old is not in school, so we can do this. Thank God for homeschooling.

Please let me know if you are in a similar boat and if your kiddos are doing OK eating this way.

Thanks!

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    kids need more food consumption than 2 a day i think, they're constantly growing. specially at those ages. if ur kid is like most kids, they're probably pretty active so i would feed them more but keep it primal as uve been doing.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    kids need energy, when may not be important, and even me being childless knows that kids eat when they want to and wont when they dont. if you are feeding them well then why not they are not teenagers
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

sunnysara is offline Senior Member
    I cannot imagine my 2 year old eating just twice per day!!! He eats 4-5 times normally... sometimes a lot at each meal and sometimes not so much. Sometimes he will not like what's for lunch (if it's beef... ha, ha) so he won't really eat for that meal. Then he'll be extra hungry for an after-nap snack. He is always hungry right when he wakes up too (while I typically IF until lunch time). He's going through a growth spurt, though, so I'm sure that has something to do with the frequent need to eat.

Anyway, if your kids are happy and growing I wouldn't worry too much about it. I just cannot imagine that working in my house! Especially when he was 1 year old... at that point he was still nursing every few hours!!!

goin2befit is offline Member
    I have no "sound" knowledge but with my two girls 6 and 4... we kind of "feed" on demand. My husband picks a lot because we do not have "set" meal times. Like your kids, mine are fine. Even when the girls were very small, I would offer breakfast, if they ate, great... if not, get down and I'll feed you at the next MEAL.... many parents try to shove the food in their kids mouth left and right. I had one friend who left "snacks" out ALL day long (it was healthy, squash, carrots, apples, etc) but still come "meal time" she wondered why they did not eat.

My oldest goes to school at 7:45. Her breakfast can be anything from 2 eggs or a yogurt or a banana or time to time some cereal. (I know, I'm horrible) She may or may not finish it. Her lunch at school is at 11:40. She is fine and never complains. With both of them I find that if they have a "big" dinner, they will not eat breakfast or much of anything the next day.

Ex. Last night I fixed one of their favorites beef with carrots, green beans and carrots with spices all cooked together and it makes like a stew, actually they eat it with some whole wheat bread (like the small sub rolls) They love it and they eat a lot. Today my youngest at 4 oz of yogurt in the a.m. and at "lunch" before dropping her off at Pre-K she had 1/2 a banana with peanut butter. She wasn't hungry! What should I do, encourage, force her to eat... No way. However, you should have seen how much she ate last night!!! It should do her for days!

I say, they will tell you when they are hungry!

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    I would think that little kids may need more than 2 meals, but if they're not asking for food maybe not. My teenagers, now that they are on school holidays, are eating two meals. Of course that's because they don't get up until late morning (I'm sure Grok did NOT do that). And they are just about eating the kitchen bench by dinner time...
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.