Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NuWave or FlavorWave ovens page

TinaC is offline Senior Member

NuWave or FlavorWave ovens

Primal Fuel
    I'm thinking about getting myself either the Nuwave oven or Flavor wave oven. Are these kinds of appliances safe for cooking? Meaning, are they as bad as broiling as far as AGEs go?

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    I bought a nuwave and if I had it to do over, I would just get a large countertop convection.
    I wanted to try the infrared technology but it is no better than convection plus you have to wash the whole thing after each use and a regular convection, you can just wipe out like a toaster oven.
    Also if you cook something large, the top will be more cooked since the element is up top.....even though the air circulates around the item...still the heat source is right on top of a whole chicken or turkey.
    And if you want crispy steak w a more rare or med rare inside, nuwave won't do it unless the steak is really thick (mine are 1").

There should be some great deals during the holiday season. Shop around for the best size/price.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    The only thing that appeals to me about these ovens is the "cook from frozen" ability that is touted on the infomercials. I remain dubious but like the fact that they are now available in conventional stores which implies some durability to the claims.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

datto54 is offline Member
    we have a flavourwave and hubby swears by it. its why he and the stepchild are still alive. it was the only thing he can use to cook decent food and we use it almost everyday still love it. veggies in the bottom getting cooked in all the yummy juices falling from the meats!!! NOM NOM NOM!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Had one.. pain in the butt to clean.. bought a counter top convection oven that I like better and its bigger as well as easier to clean.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    I am surprised this was the only thread about these ovens. I bought one as my oven broke. Any tips for using these things? thanks

Shalimar is offline Member
    I've had a nuwave for a year. It works well and is very easy to figure out how to use. It comes with booklets and recipes. It cooks meat and crisps things up beautifully. However, two problems: it is a bit difficult to clean, though it can go a couple times without cleaning the dome as long as you wipe out the pan and the space under the pan between uses. Also the plastic dome now has two cracks in it, large and getting larger. I believe they now have a glass dome for it. If you have the $ and the counter space, I'd say try one. My microwave is long gone, and this defrosts just fine. As you can see the dinner inside just fine, you can gauge the doneness easily enough. However they do include a handy timing chart.
    "...forever wild..."
    Baxter State Park

55 years old, 5'4"
    1/1/11 weight: 172 and grumpy
    Lost 7 lbs on calories in, calories out
    Went paleo/primal 1/1/12
    Current weight: 144 and happy
    Goal weight is 130 more or less

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I have one (nuwave). I like to use it sometimes when I don't want to heat the bigger oven. I don't find clean up that bad. The dome might be a bit cumbersome but it doesnt get dirty really. Just takes a few seconds to wash and rinse.

When things start to brown up too much, I just put some foil over the top. I also put foil on my pan.
    Last edited by gopintos; 12-11-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Just get one of these instead La Caja China Pig Cooker Model # 1 | Roast a Pig with our Aluminum Lined Boxes

Least thats what I want for Christmas (if anyone was wondering).

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Least thats what I want for Christmas (if anyone was wondering).
    That looks fantastic! You only have 13 days to get off the naughty list!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast