Thread: Fish oil keeps the voices away page

Caveman Sam Guest

Primal Fuel

A study published recently found that individuals at high risk of developing psychosis were less likely to get a case of the crazies after a 12-week course of fish oil capsules containing long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-02/jaaj-fom012810.php

Seems to have worked for me.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Also men (dunno about women) are 75% less likely to become schitzophrenic (spelling?) if they take vitamin d supplements.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Caveman Sam Guest

Which I do. I always thought it would be fun to be schizophrenic... I'm definitely not on track.

Mr.M is offline Senior Member

Do either of you have a link as to the reported benefits of Vit-D supplements?

I saw a few mentions of it on some blogs/posts, and read some articles, but am always willing to look into more info.

Thanks

Caveman Sam Guest

Hey Mr. M. Here are two articles I've read recently on the subject of Vitamin D. You may have read them as they're both a bit old. But I thought they were good and interesting.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/vitamin-d-shows-heart-benefits-in-study/

http://www.westonaprice.org/The-Mira...Vitamin-D.html

The vitamin d council has a lot of links to reports and such. Good place to start.

Also free the animal just did a post about vit d today. Also with links.

I'd post the URLs but I'm on my phone at work and that is tricky.

The schitzo thing was in some literature my midwife gave me. Not sure the original source.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

maba is offline Senior Member

I've also read that wheat (gluten?) can cause schizophrenia (via Heart Scan Blog).

sweet! We won't have ANY schizophrenic Primals then. hehe. Between the wheat and most of us getting more Vit D than the general population (whether through wild fish/grassfed meat/more sunlight/supplements/whatever).

Caveman Sam Guest

I think it's amazing how powerful eating can be. I've been studying this stuff for 6 months now... but just in the past couple weeks I've done a lot of reading. What you get in you is everything.

allie Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

... Wow!

I don't have much to add, lol, but that's amazing. Another reason to keep the omega's up and get some good sunshine every day!