Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh whole milk, good or bad? page

nicowarrilow is offline Junior Member

Fresh whole milk, good or bad?

Primal Fuel
    I've seen many people say to cut out dairy altogether, but I just love my whole milk. (Not from a supermarket, we got a friend who supplies us with fresh milk) If it is truly bad for me, can people explain why? Thanks a lot in advance.

Flower is offline Member
    Milk is not bad at all, it is a super source of protein and calcium which is very necessary to maintain your health.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Milk can be a good source of calories and nutrition if you can tolerate it. Especially post-workout, since it's very anabolic/growth-promoting and can trigger a pretty hefty insulin response. I usually only drink raw milk, but gave it up after getting pregnant. I do miss it and will go back to drinking it from time to time after I download this baby. Right now my compromise is non-homogenized, low-temp vat pasteurized milk from a different local dairy...it supposedly leaves more of the natural enzymes in the milk that the high temp pasteurization removes in commercial milk. Not sure how true that is, but it's yummy and serves a purpose for me right now. If I didn't have access to local, grass fed milk I'd probably skip it altogether. The stuff at the store is a step above glorified sugar water.

Some lactose intolerant folks find they have no issues with raw milk like they do with store-bought/pasteurized milk.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    There are tons of benefits to whole raw milk....thats why the FDA is trying to prevent people from drinking it.----just a little mini rant.. =)
    Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, and weight training

Would like to be in good shape by my 35th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    whole fresh milk is great only from hormone/drug free cows. problem is if u drink full fat milk from these type of cows even fresh ur getting all the bad stuff because of the fat content. i only drink skim milk on refeed days, since most of the fat has been removed. just like how like grain feed beef is bad for u cause of the fat that oxidizes in ur system. at least thats what i think.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

awm8604 is offline Member
    I love my local raw grass-fed milk. I've always loved milk and thanks to finding a good source it remains a staple for me.

biancaaa is offline Member
    In Ontario (Canada), it is illegal to sell raw milk unless it's to the farmers family *outrage*

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    Milk is much easier on my digestion than meat so really has been a good friend. I make eggnog (w cottage cheese and gelatine added) each morning and feel awesome....get my raw egg at the same time.
    I still eat meat daily but not every meal.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
    whole fresh milk is great only from hormone/drug free cows. problem is if u drink full fat milk from these type of cows even fresh ur getting all the bad stuff because of the fat content. i only drink skim milk on refeed days, since most of the fat has been removed. just like how like grain feed beef is bad for u cause of the fat that oxidizes in ur system. at least thats what i think.
    nature put fat in milk for a reason. Skim milk is almost pointless, IMO, from a nutrient point of view. Grass-fed cows produce milk that should be consumed whole and raw.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

dado Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    some people handle milk better than others

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast