Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, what do I put in it then eh???? page

Machismo is offline Junior Member

So, what do I put in it then eh????

Shop Now
    After I workout I come and make the obligatory protein shake "is it true primal, no. Do I like it, yes" My question is, I use Coconut milk the plain no sugar as my liquid, but I have been using one banana and a 7 or 8 frozen blackberries some kefir and flaxseed oil to make the shake. The more I read, the more I see that bananas are bad... So, back to the title of the post, what do I put in it?
    Knowledge is power, but Ignorance is bliss

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Eating a banana after training isn't bad. Eating a banana would need a second thought for someone who has a lot of fat to lose and isn't training hard. I wouldn't worry about a banana. I add dextrose to my PWO shake sometimes, when I have them. Depends on your goals.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    bananas are bad because of high carb count?
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    yeah cause of the carbs. if it were me and my shake, i'd use half the banana *shrug*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

wiltondeportes Guest

Use baby bananas. Or the more scientific term, microbanana.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    How about frozen raspberries? I make my protein shakes with coconut cream, a good 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries, and plain grass-fed whey protein. The raspberries have so powerful a flavour (for relatively few carbs) that a small amount really does the trick.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Flower is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The more I read, the more I see that bananas are bad... So, back to the title of the post, what do I put in it?
    Having a banana is equal to having a big meal as it contain almost all nutrients that present in one big meal. SO if you want to reduce your weight then it is bad for you.

Machismo is offline Junior Member
    I'm not worrying about loosing weight per say, I am 5'9 and 165 lbs. I am just trying to shed the 14% body fat I have to be honest. The real reason for going Primal is the idea of not eating anymore junk. I have been Primal for around a month and had BBQ the other day, after the sauce that was laden with sugar I felt as if someone kicked me in the gut, and I got tired to the point I had to lay down.... Who knew?

So, bananas aren't bad per say, just not recommended?
    Knowledge is power, but Ignorance is bliss

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    Don't be afraid of bananas. Just be aware that there will be 25-30 grams of carbs in one. It is up to you to decide if that fits into your plan or not.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    I don't see anything wrong with a banana, especially if you're working out. Some of us do better and have greater success with higher carb counts - I'm one of those folks. I aim for 100 - 150 carbs/day, and I do eat a banana now and then. Not a big deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast