Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PB Journal (PeacefulWarrior) page

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member

PB Journal (PeacefulWarrior)

Purchased the book on Sunday.

I just finished posting my 'before' in the 'before and after' section before I found this.

I will post my diet and workout info here, and I look forward to being a better me with all of you holding me accountable.

I haven't worked out in a really long time, so I started easy yesterday. I ran sprints in the park (along with my 3 and 5 yr old daughters).
    We each ran 6 sprints (I ran mine a lot further than they did...I swear).
    I then did some pushups, followed by by some 'plyometrics' (at least I think that is what I was doing: I jumped from a standing start onto a park bench repeatedly).

I mainly did all that to start the process and get over all of the inevitable soreness that is soon to come.

I finished the day by walking for over an hour while watching my Canucks lose in OT.

I ate awesome yesterday. Nothing but raw fruits and vegetables, with a couple of eggs, and a chicken breast, and a small grass fed beef steak. Fish oil and coconut oil as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Had a great day today. Ate really well, and experienced very little hunger.
    Walked for an hour.
    Purchased a chin up bar for the home as well as some gymnastics rings. I can do 2-3 pull ups (suprised I could do that many) and 6 on the rings. I did 10 regular pull ups altogether and 4 sets of 6 on the rings. Wasn't a real workout; just trying to get myself accustomed to the movements.
    1 hr of walking.

Yesterdays food:
    -2 eggs
    -thai basil chicken over a small salad (to replace the rice) ; wow that was yummy
    -mixed some grass fed ground beef with some fresh veggies, coconut oil and tomato soup (for flavour) for dinner. Surprisingly tasty.

Apples and bananas as snacks when I felt hungry. I had little hunger yesterday, esp compared to the day before (day 1).

I did have 2 cups of coffee.

Went to bed at 208 (started at 212 on Sun night).

B=1 egg
    L= chicken and pico de gallo (a little cheese also) burrito
    D= pepper steak over salad
    also 2 apples, and a coffee
    Day 1 Level 1 of simple fit (I am sore today!).
    1 hr of walking

I wasn't hungry in the am...made it to 11:30 am without food (I did have a hard boiled egg at 7am); I was out of the house when the hunger hit and that led to a poor decision with the burrito.
    All in all, I'm still very happy with the day though.
    4 out of 5 stars.

Lesson learned: in the future be prepared for what is and what is not acceptable as an 'emergency' meal when you aren't home. ie what restaurants I can hit for a quick and acceptable meal.

^^^
    Also, had 3 glasses of red wine. Once a week I try and get together with my best buddy and we share a couple drinks together. Usually beer for me, but I made the switch to red wine last night.
    Interestingly, I stopped drinking red wine because it would cause heartburn. Even with a single sip I'd be up all night. I had no problems at all last night.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs (also a coffee)
    L: omelette and a bowl of fruit
    D: ground turkey, sauteed veggies with tomato soup for flavor; apple
    3 glasses dark rum (with a splash of coke).

I walked 110 minutes today.
    Last edited by PeacefulWarrior; 12-17-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: increased walking time

wesrman is offline Member
    Awesome work so far bro! Every workout is a real workout and they all count as progression. Be careful with plyo stuff early on tho. You might want to build up to that kind of thing as it can be tough on the joints.

You're a Canucks fan so im guessing ur Canadian. Where abouts you from?

GL man. I look forward to seeing you progress!

Oh ya and Go Leafs Go! ! ! !
    Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.
    -Rick Warren

Awesome work so far bro!
    Thanks!
    Every workout is a real workout and they all count as progression. Be careful with plyo stuff early on tho. You might want to build up to that kind of thing as it can be tough on the joints.
    Yeah, the plyo stuff was hurting the knees so I will leave that out for now.

You're a Canucks fan so im guessing ur Canadian. Where abouts you from?
    Hardcore Canucks fan. I live in the LA area now, but born and raised in Vancouver.
    As a matter of fact I set up a TV in my garage, and I hop on the treadmill and watch the 'Nucks play while walking. Time flies by that way.

Oh ya and Go Leafs Go! ! ! !
    Leafs and 'Nucks tonight! Burkies got your team turned around. But you are in tough tonight...

Thanks for the encouragement my man!

Saturday:
    My best day nutritionally until the evening where we had a dinner party with friends.
    I had about 10 corn chips, 1 piece of chocolate, a margarita and 2 glasses of red wine. Also had 3 soft tacos with corn tortilla.
    Admittedly a bad evening but that is the kind of thing we rarely do, so I have no regrets.

I did level 1 day 2 of simple fit yesterday as well.

Today I have done 70 minutes of walking and ran sprints.

B: coffee, 2 eggs, banana and an apple

Excellent day nutritionally.
    Ran sprints.
    Also walked 5 times for a total of at least 2 and a half hours.
    Weighed in at 209 lbs today. Last Sunday at the same time, I was 212.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just kicking off the beginning of my 2nd week...so far, after 7 days, here is what I see/feel:

The last 2-3 days I feel a little moody/grumpy. I have a very, very low level hunger that I've noticed the last 2-3 days. I am full when I stop eating. I am eating no simple carbs/gluten. I do not have any sugar crashes anymore where suddenly my hunger hits and I really get moody.

I am however eating lots of raw fruits and veggies, with my protein (chicken, turkey or fish).

My guess is that this will pass. Just my body adapting to the drastic change in my eating habits.

How do I feel?
    Way lighter/looser.
    I'm also feeling all of my muscles, which are really sore. It feels like I'm already looking the way I expect to in 3 months. But, I take off my shirt and I see the belly. It kind of surprises me that it's still there, because it feels so different.

Overall, I am really excited about how I am looking and feeling after only 1 week. Can't wait for the next 11 weeks to go by so I can see how I will be looking.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast