Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PB Journal (PeacefulWarrior) page 3

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the message Joan...
    I think Im about 7-10 days ahead of you. It seems like the 2nd week (maybe about the 9-10 day mark) my appetite changed drastically. I never experience extreme hunger anymore. I am getting full off much smaller meals. But I think I had to be fairly strict with the carbs to get there.
    I love walking, and I think that really helps. As of yesterday am, I was already down 9.5 pounds in the first 12 days.

Keep it up; this really works (and Im not talking about the weight; just the simplicity of being able to eat well without feeling deprived or hungry). I look forward to seeing your progress.
    Get pictures taken ASAP because you want to see what you looked like in the very beginning. Its also a great motivator.
    Merry Christmas!

By the way, i ended up having a big piece of pumpkin pie last night. Other than that I stayed away from all of the other non food stuff altogether. It was a little hard to do because we were there until 9:30pm, and almost all of the Turkey and ham was finished by the time I went to get dinner.

Im not home again all day, and with the Christmas festivities going on, its harder to not only eat right, but to get my proper workout in.
    Mostly IF today (Ive consumed 4 eggs and a couple of oranges, and the cup of coffee)
    i just went for a 40 minute walk.
    As soon as I finish posting this I am going to do Tabata pushups and Tabata squats for 4 minutes each....if I have time I may go for another 20-30 minute walk before we have to get ready to go out for dinner (48 minutes before I have to bet ready so Im out of here right now)...
    Merry Christmas!!!

joan is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the advice! i will do pictures today. i've been surprised at how easy it feels to avoid carbs. also inspiring to hear how you make time for walking and good choices despite holiday festivities =)

Graduated level 1 simplefit in just over 2 minutes.
    Im probably able to go to level 3 or 4, but its been so long since I worked out, i dont want to hurt myself and set myself back...keeping focused on the long haul; not short term changes like I would have done in the past.

I will do Tabata sprints today, and have a big day walking. I have a treadmill set up in the garage in front of a TV...and when my Nucks play, it makes it easy to walk without getting bored.
    Last edited by PeacefulWarrior; 12-26-2011 at 12:10 PM.

My main goal (to start) is at 3 months. But, I have subdivided that down into 1 month markers, and even further down to every 2 weeks to keep me on track short and long term...

Here is my before and after, 2 weeks after starting. A long ways to go, but I'm happy with where I'm at for now.

Yes, I manscaped

Weight is down anywhere from 4-9 pounds depending on when I weight myself. But, I'm not worried about the pounds so much as I am by how I'm carrying them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, I can't figure out how to make the images show up smaller. I would have thought cropping them would have taken care of that.

i can already see those few pounds trimming off your waist! awesome!

Big win (as silly as it sounds) today; no sugar in my coffee at all. A true bulletproof coffee (I use raw cream instead of butter though). That is likely the first time in many many years that I didnt start my day with a sugared up cup of coffee. I expect that will make a difference for me down the road.

1) avocado smoothie
    2) lettuce wrap salmon sushi (no rice)
    3) filet mignon with sauteed veggies
    Also 2 bulletproofs and 4 clementines

Walked for 30 minutes. Rest day today. I am sore (!) feom the sprints yesterday.

yum, i got a few avocados a few days ago, and just opened one up today. they are so good. i can't even imagine an avocado smoothie.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had some yams with my 3rd meal...that is he second time Ive had yams since I started, and I think they are not a food I should be having. I dont feel as light after I eat them as i do with most foods.

1: avocado smoothie
    2: goat cheese salad with chicken breast
    3: salad with turkey and yams; also a glass of red wine
    Also 2 BP coffees (no sugar... Not going back to that stuff anymore)

1 hour and 40 mins of walking

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast