Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal organs page

cruncan is offline Member

Animal organs

Shop Now
    So what is the most nutritious animal organ to eat? And from what animal? Beef? Pork? Chicken? Other?

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Liver; I don't think it matters much which animal is comes from.

Paleobird Guest
    If beef liver is too strong a taste for you, see if you can find calf liver or lamb liver. I also order offal from a company called ElkUSA.com that sells really pricey game meats online but in their "dogfood" section they get rid of the other parts nobody wants at really low prices. Elk liver pate is to die for. And Elk heart makes a great slow cooker stew.

Brains are also excellent.

leanzorik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Liver; I don't think it matters much which animal is comes from.
    Yeah I agree. And its pretty delicious fried with coconut oil

dado Guest
    just give me some liver and i'm happy

peril is offline Senior Member
    Does it matter? Try them all. They each have their own value. I regularly eat liver, brain, kidney and heart
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Chicken hearts and gizzards...mmmmm....

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    If beef liver is too strong a taste for you, see if you can find calf liver or lamb liver. I also order offal from a company called ElkUSA.com that sells really pricey game meats online but in their "dogfood" section they get rid of the other parts nobody wants at really low prices. Elk liver pate is to die for. And Elk heart makes a great slow cooker stew.

Brains are also excellent.
    Their dogfood is USDA human quality and just what I've been looking for, all the guts ground w/ some meat to 'hamburger' specs for under $5/lb and all OUT OF STOCK, dammit. It shows you the demand is there.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Their dogfood is USDA human quality and just what I've been looking for, all the guts ground w/ some meat to 'hamburger' specs for under $5/lb and all OUT OF STOCK, dammit. It shows you the demand is there.
    Sorry, it's probably out of stock because I bought it all.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Asked this in another thread and waiting for an answer still, so...is it healthy to eat liver/etc. from factory farmed animals? I see beef and chicken livers for like 99 cents at Basha's, but when I buy beef I only buy grass-fed for obvious reasons. Do the nutrients in the liver "cancel out" the fact that it's from factory farms? Wouldn't there be less nutrients to begin with?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast