Thread: Question for Al Kavadlo (or any other calisthenic/nutrition expert) page

Question for Al Kavadlo (or any other calisthenic/nutrition expert)

Hey Al! Whats up dawg, I am working out and I love it!

I wonder how much protein one should go for when doing calisthenic workouts for strength development. Bodybuilders got the "2 gram per kg of bodyweight" standard, is it necessary to eat as much when doing calisthenics only?

Yours in pushups,

Gods unborn son

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure if you're eating the way everyone else on this site is you're probably good.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Glad I've inspired you in your training! Like the poster above said, if you're eating primal, you're getting plenty of protein. I haven't counted calories or macronutrients in years.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

psycho is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    Glad I've inspired you in your training! Like the poster above said, if you're eating primal, you're getting plenty of protein. I haven't counted calories or macronutrients in years.
    Hi Al Kavadlo!
    You say you eat primal and healthy, but do you have any clue on how many grams of protein you need in one day? I would like to know how much you consume because everywhere I look, I don't find anything about your nutrition...

Best regards!

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    (face palm) The obsession with protein... hasn't Mark written about this a dozen times?
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Hi Al Kavadlo!
    You say you eat primal and healthy, but do you have any clue on how many grams of protein you need in one day? I would like to know how much you consume because everywhere I look, I don't find anything about your nutrition...

Best regards!
    Like I said, I don't concern myself with such things. I've written about my diet on my blog a few times. Check this out:

Diet and Exercise (Part One)
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com