Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to eat when animals sound gross? page

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I'm sadly having food aversions right now (mean fetus and stuff) and the biggest category is animal protein, including eggs.

When it comes to animals right now the thing that sounds yummiest to me is crispy chicken skin. That's about it.

So do y'all have any suggestions for ways to get in enough protein/calories? I'm not too worried about fats since I can cook veggies in fats + add fats after cooking + add fats to raw veggies like EVOO-based salad dressing and such.

Protein shakes won't work - also developed a gag reflex for those.

I've been trying to get in a lot of full fat dairy for fat/calories/protein - milk, cottage cheese, butter, adding cream to stuff...

But any other suggestions or ideas? The problem I'm having is that even with adding fats, veggies+fat=not very many calories... and now that I'm getting hungrier it's just not cutting it anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

oh i ate some pepperoni today - and salami sounds fine too, but both of those are pretty highly processed and VERY salty so I don't want to rely on them too much.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Cottage cheese? You can do lots of things with it, I like to blend it smooth and make veggie dips or salad dressing with it etc.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

i have been eating it, just with salt on it... sometimes with fruit.

what sorts of veggie dips do you make with it? I never would've thought of that. hmm... then again i usually would just use sour cream and/or cream cheese for veggie dips (also high fat/protein, right?)

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

Can/do you eat ricotta cheese? Tomorrow night I'm going to experiment with a primal version of manicotti -- using cabbage leaves instead of pasta noodles. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Cottage cheese has more protein than sourcream, so just replace the sourcream for blended cottage cheese.

I do a ranch type dip, I've done a spicy jalapeno one, french onion...

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

amy normally ricotta would sound good to me but right now it doesn't ... do let me know how the manicotti turns out though! That sounds like a good idea and I'd like to eat it vicariously through you. hehe.

good to know lil_em. I hadn't compared the info but that makes sense.

beckinwolf is offline Member

One really good trick for cottage cheese is put it in a blender with frozen fruit. You end up with ice cream. Also, I've always liked cottage cheese mixed with lemon pepper seasoning. Cottage cheese blended with chives and various spices would make a good dip for veggies. That's why I've always liked cottage cheese. It can go savory or sweet. As far as Ricotta goes, ewww, to me it has NO flavor at all. What about Greek Yogurt? That stuff is pretty good on protein.

Carpe Diem!

i made some smoothie-type things and got sick of them VERY quickly - I've never been a huge ice cream girl, and when I do have it it's like...coffee flavor, not fruit flavors. bla. So the frozen fruit + cottage cheese doesn't sound good to me (though fresh fruit + cottage cheese, not blended = nice)

mmm lemon pepper. I love that on raw carrots. I bet it would rock in cottage cheese. Will try it.

deepthought is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

tried making cottage cheese "pancakes"? mix with eggs and some almond flour, and fry. Sadly i dont have the proportions, i usually just go when i cook.

Hopefully things will work out for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast