Thread: how come this is happening? page

milkycereal is offline Senior Member

how come this is happening?

Primal Fuel
    Sometimes after my last meal of the day I get junk food cravings for cookies or ice-cream. This is after eating all whole foods and a balanced meal of carbs, fat and protien.

Should I ignore these cravings and will they eventually go away?

One day I decided to drink nothing but water. After maybe half a year of that I drank some snapple and it was sickly sweet. Will this eventually happen with sugary food?

dado Guest
    eat an apple and go to sleep

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Yes ignore them, yes they will go away, if you ignore them, yes sugary food will eventually taste ridiculously sweet if you don't eat it.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

wesrman is offline Member
    Try eating more during the day.
    Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.
    -Rick Warren

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    Mine went away eventually (only been six to eight weeks primal) but surface occasionally.

Best bet is to brush your teeth after dinner

Or, have some peppermint tea (toothpaste is often minty, hence why it has the same effect). Peppermint tea takes away my sweet cravings really well.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    avoid alternatives. sugar is addictive and you have to kick it off. cold turkey.
    avoid late night TV, browsing and other activities that have strong association with snacking.

for me a movie and something to munch goes together as a matter of fact. i had to work hard.
    Few but ripe.

Flower is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    eat an apple and go to sleep
    i think eating a apple before going to bed is not a good idea because apple is hard to digest.

labbygail is offline Senior Member
    You might be bored at night. Or your brain is conditioned to having junk food to relax, and night is associated with relaxing. There's a lot going on in our subconscious that we don't know about.

1. Make junk food unavailable.
    2. Avoid being bored and other situations that are associated with mindless eating.
    3. Make it unpleasant if you do eat junk food (e.g. rig your freezer to dump ice on you if you open it at night, haha, I don't know, be creative)

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJosh View Post
    Mine went away eventually (only been six to eight weeks primal) but surface occasionally.

Best bet is to brush your teeth after dinner

Or, have some peppermint tea (toothpaste is often minty, hence why it has the same effect). Peppermint tea takes away my sweet cravings really well.
    Brushing my teeth after dinner works for me because I'm lazy. It keeps me from eating because I don't want to do it again when it's bedtime and I'm really sleepy. It's funny I started doing this awhile ago before I ever read about it.