Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly Fat - that visceral stuff that's harmful! page

extravert is offline Junior Member

Belly Fat - that visceral stuff that's harmful!

So hello everyone. I am just now starting to go Primal - as of yesterday, so far so good, . Anyway,
    What intrigues me the most is noticing all of the flat abs that masters of Primal seem to have! Now I'm pretty athletic and I have an athletic strong body. If the muscle visible everywhere else is any indication of the muscle in my belly, well you'd never know it! My question is whether and/or how this diet might help me finally see my abs??

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Visible abs are made in the kitchen. If you have an underlying sound musculature, then all you need is to uncover it.

So then on that note, any particular kitchen advice? I love to cook, I cook a lot, it's the only way I can keep Monsanto etc out of the kitchen! Tonight I made a lovely grassfed rosemary ribeye with a lovely avocado shallot green salad. Before, primal I might have had the same green salad with some brown rice instead of steak, or with both fish and brown rice. Thoughts??

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Visible abs are made in the kitchen. If you have an underlying sound musculature, then all you need is to uncover it.
    This^ What you put into your body will be the result of what you want. You will have to do some fitness, but it all starts with diet. Free your mind, and your Grok will follow.

I get that exercise must be part of the equation, and I pretty much stay away from processed foods and sugar, but I guess i was just wondering if anyone here has any inside knowledge as to whether it might have been the grains, (even the noble ones) that were sabotaging my efforts to see my abs.

bobbli is offline Junior Member
    Hi extravert, welcome to the club. I can't think of any inside knowledge... but I can tell you that the foods don't just need to be unprocessed but also natural (and of course, nutritious), and that your exercise program needs to be strategically designed to stimulate the necessary hormonal and metabolic response within your body.

Dave Mayo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbli View Post
    Hi extravert, welcome to the club. I can't think of any inside knowledge... but I can tell you that the foods don't just need to be unprocessed but also natural (and of course, nutritious), and that your exercise program needs to be strategically designed to stimulate the necessary hormonal and metabolic response within your body.
    Double yup!

Definitely not just unprocessed but natural as well - check! Maybe I need to find a new exercise program.

bobbli is offline Junior Member
    You say that you are already pretty athletic and all. You can check out some of these articles by Mark if you need some help revising your workout program.
    A Case Against Cardio (from a former mileage king) | Mark's Daily Apple
    Primal Blueprint Workout Plan: The Basics | Mark's Daily Apple
    A Fitness Plan So Easy a Caveman Did It | Mark's Daily Apple

If you need something more detailed, I can hook you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by extravert View Post
    Definitely not just unprocessed but natural as well - check! Maybe I need to find a new exercise program.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cool thanks, I'll check these out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast