Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Psoriasis cure through diet? page

leanzorik is offline Member

Psoriasis cure through diet?

Shop Now
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has cured their psoriasis through the primal diet on here?

I been doing 80% Paleo the last two months. My acne has definitely reduced. But my psoriasis has not changed at all. I do eat grass fed butter as the only dairy source.

I have recently been diagnosed with psoriasis. It took over 1.5 years to even diagnose it! I been to two dermatologists and one naturepath. None of them has able to help me in any way.

So has anyone able to cure this? I have heard people with autoimmune diseases should avoid the nightshades and all forms of dairy in addition to the Paleo diet?
    Last edited by leanzorik; 12-13-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Preppy Paleo is offline Junior Member
    Hello! I've had psoriasis since I was a teenager. Sadly, going Paleo seems to keep it from flaring up, but hasn't really helped kick it into remission. I don't do dairy, but do admit I find it hard to avoid nightshades. I know that for me any form of sugar, even palm sugar, honey, red wine etc... are triggers. I try to avoid them when possible!
    http://preppypaleo.blogspot.com/

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    hasnt made any difference for me

sunshine7801 is offline Junior Member
    I started eating primal after I got a flare up on my face. After about a week the new spot on my face cleared up. Anytime I stray from the diet that area of my face starts to flare up again. I have had a very large patch of psoriasis on my scalp and neck for years and have seen no improvements in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Preppy Paleo View Post
    Hello! I've had psoriasis since I was a teenager. Sadly, going Paleo seems to keep it from flaring up, but hasn't really helped kick it into remission. I don't do dairy, but do admit I find it hard to avoid nightshades. I know that for me any form of sugar, even palm sugar, honey, red wine etc... are triggers. I try to avoid them when possible!
    So its completely clear as long as you avoid sugars?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine7801 View Post
    I started eating primal after I got a flare up on my face. After about a week the new spot on my face cleared up. Anytime I stray from the diet that area of my face starts to flare up again. I have had a very large patch of psoriasis on my scalp and neck for years and have seen no improvements in that area.
    have you tried eliminating dairy and nightshades?

raney is offline Senior Member
    I've heard of some success from implementing a low lectin version of primal eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    hasnt made any difference for me
    Did you modify your paleo diet according to the autoimmune protocol? like no dairy and nightshades?

I haven't tried eliminating nightshades and grass fed butter yet.

Quote Originally Posted by raney View Post
    I've heard of some success from implementing a low lectin version of primal eating.
    I am going to have to look that up on here. I know there are lectins found in beans and grains? Of which I already avoid.

raney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leanzorik View Post
    I am going to have to look that up on here. I know there are lectins found in beans and grains? Of which I already avoid.
    Check out The Lectin Story, this thread, and also Mark's article on lectins.

I found a quote in a thread here that states:

I do low lectin PB - no eggs, grains, beans, dairy, or nightshades. Works great for inflammation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast