Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Psoriasis cure through diet?

  1. #1

    Psoriasis cure through diet?

    Shop Now
    Hey guys,

    I was wondering if anyone has cured their psoriasis through the primal diet on here?

    I been doing 80% Paleo the last two months. My acne has definitely reduced. But my psoriasis has not changed at all. I do eat grass fed butter as the only dairy source.

    I have recently been diagnosed with psoriasis. It took over 1.5 years to even diagnose it! I been to two dermatologists and one naturepath. None of them has able to help me in any way.

    So has anyone able to cure this? I have heard people with autoimmune diseases should avoid the nightshades and all forms of dairy in addition to the Paleo diet?
    Last edited by leanzorik; 12-13-2011 at 06:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    12
    Hello! I've had psoriasis since I was a teenager. Sadly, going Paleo seems to keep it from flaring up, but hasn't really helped kick it into remission. I don't do dairy, but do admit I find it hard to avoid nightshades. I know that for me any form of sugar, even palm sugar, honey, red wine etc... are triggers. I try to avoid them when possible!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    1,068
    hasnt made any difference for me

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11
    I started eating primal after I got a flare up on my face. After about a week the new spot on my face cleared up. Anytime I stray from the diet that area of my face starts to flare up again. I have had a very large patch of psoriasis on my scalp and neck for years and have seen no improvements in that area.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Preppy Paleo View Post
    Hello! I've had psoriasis since I was a teenager. Sadly, going Paleo seems to keep it from flaring up, but hasn't really helped kick it into remission. I don't do dairy, but do admit I find it hard to avoid nightshades. I know that for me any form of sugar, even palm sugar, honey, red wine etc... are triggers. I try to avoid them when possible!
    So its completely clear as long as you avoid sugars?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine7801 View Post
    I started eating primal after I got a flare up on my face. After about a week the new spot on my face cleared up. Anytime I stray from the diet that area of my face starts to flare up again. I have had a very large patch of psoriasis on my scalp and neck for years and have seen no improvements in that area.
    have you tried eliminating dairy and nightshades?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    139
    I've heard of some success from implementing a low lectin version of primal eating.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    hasnt made any difference for me
    Did you modify your paleo diet according to the autoimmune protocol? like no dairy and nightshades?

    I haven't tried eliminating nightshades and grass fed butter yet.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by raney View Post
    I've heard of some success from implementing a low lectin version of primal eating.
    I am going to have to look that up on here. I know there are lectins found in beans and grains? Of which I already avoid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    139
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by leanzorik View Post
    I am going to have to look that up on here. I know there are lectins found in beans and grains? Of which I already avoid.
    Check out The Lectin Story, this thread, and also Mark's article on lectins.

    I found a quote in a thread here that states:

    I do low lectin PB - no eggs, grains, beans, dairy, or nightshades. Works great for inflammation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •